Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Latest PCM Version

94K views 137 replies 54 participants last post by  absoluteczech 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's keep track of the latest PCM versions of your 981.

My car was build in September 2012. Current PCM version is 3.41.

Please add your build date and version if you have a newer version. Also provide information about changes done to previous versions, if you know about them.

Again, please move discussions to the discussion thread http://www.planet-9.com/981-cayman-boxster-service-tech/82364-pcm-version-discussion.html.

I will delete postings that are not adding information to the list (or move them over to the discussion thread depending on my mood ;) ).

#2 · (Edited)
Let's keep track of the latest PCM versions of your 981.

My car was build in September 2012. Current PCM version is 3.41.

Please add your build date and version if you have a newer version. Also provide information about changes done to previous versions, if you know about them.

Again, please move discussions to other threads.
:thanks: Mike.

Just one quick Q. Where/how does one find the current PCM (firmware) version for 981Bs? If it's in manual I apologize but no car yet.

:cheers:

#3 ·
:thanks: Mike.

Just one quick Q. Where/how does one find the current PCM (firmware) version for 981Bs? If it's in manual I apologize but no car yet.

I just checked the PCM manual and could not find it. It is on the OPTION tab of the INFO section.

Reactions: Lime-Gold and BJR
#4 ·
Press "Info" button located under the PCM screen. Then press "Option" and select "Show System Version" on the PCM screen.

Sept 25 build: version 3.41

I contacted dealership last week. There are update rumors but 3.41 is current.

Reactions: Lime-Gold
#6 ·
OK checked PCM version and it is Car Build Date 1/30/13 PCM version 4.4

Lime Gold's car was built after mine and shows 4.41 I will check with the dealer and see if mine requires an update.

It has not been dealer prepped yet. That is scheduled for Friday Morning.

This post has been deleted
#11 ·
Yikes mine has an 8 digit number there, no version number! Now I know why my info screen in the instrument panel comes on with "Service Engine Now" and in the service interval screen shows "Service Now". I think maybe they are all related to not having the latest PCM firmware installed before delivery! Jon

#12 ·
I was wrong. My PCM version is correct and unrelated to the "Service Engine Now" issue that I had. Per my visit to the dealership this AM, since my car does not have NAV, the 8 digit code on the Version screen is correct. You rich guys with NAV need to be concerned with 4.41 etal, not poor folk like me! Jon

Reactions: M. Schneider
#13 ·
Another 4.41 here.

#17 ·
This just came up on another thread:

Version 4.41 has the "Jukebox" feature that lets you copy music files from a USB stick directly onto the PCM hard drive. Version 3.41 did not have this functionality.

#23 ·
My car goes in this week to repair some trim at the back of the soft top, while it is there I have asked that they silence 'Herbie' and check for any updates...

The PCM level available would be a nice one to know about, does the service tech have v4.5.2 available yet?

#26 ·
I have PCM version 4.52. Boxster BS which exited production June 11th.

#28 ·
Yes, June 11th, 2013.

#35 ·
A very good Q. We need someone with very close support from Dealer to dig this out. And I know one; He is the only B S owner I know who is legally allowed to park in a "handicapped space".:eek:

Not that he really needs it mind you.:hilarious::hilarious:

:cheers: Bro

#39 ·
IIRC, essentially the change from 2013 to 2014, the rear spoiler stays where it was last positioned when the key is removed from the ignition...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.