Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,086 Posts
Yep! I was wondering when we would start another thread on it. I can't wait.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Should be interesting strategy with "only" two cars a piece for Porsche (919) and Audi (eTron).... higher premium on needing both cars to "finish" to be competitive.
Then there was the issue of using "last year's battery" pack given the problems with the 2016 pack.

But the real story to watch will be how throughly the 911 RSR's get pounded by all sorts of cars -- and whether the Ford GT effort (Ganassi doesn't do things half way) takes the GTLE win. I have to admit, the Ford GT is a pretty fine car... not what I'd call production based, right?? Their web site offers a "configurator", al la Porsche.. but no options except a few "interior" looks, no prices, and no availability..

Well, if Porsche can't win, maybe I'll cheer for the blue-oval --- instead of the red horsey thing..
D

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I miss the days when Speedvision carried the entire race. When Speed was bought out by Fox Sports, coverage of auto events really suffered. I don't even know if Le Mans is being televised in my area.

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
What I really enjoy is the number of the IMSA drivers and teams that participate. The GT classes are by far my focus. As others stated....love Ford coming back. Chevy, Ford, Porsche, Ferrari..............will be good. Gee I wonder why those Daytona prototypes don't participate being that they are the pinnacle of automotive technological development :).

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
I miss Speed too. Fox Sports appears to be covering it on a quick check of Uverse. Can't tell right off if it a few hours repeated or pretty much continuous coverage between FS1 and FS2.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Here are Fox's show times:

The race will be shown at the following times, ET:
Saturday, June 18
FS1: 8:30 AM to 2:00 PM
FS2: 2:00 PM to 4:30 PM
FS2: 6:00 PM to 6:30 PM
FS2: 7:00 PM to 7:30 PM
Sunday, June 19
FS2: 10:30 PM to 2:30 AM
FS1: 2:30 AM to 9:30 AM

Read more: Check out TV listings for 24 Hours of Le Mans | Autoweek

Wish I had FS2, but 5 1/2 hours at the start & 7 hours of the end isn't too shabby.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
The real problem is that it looks like FS is offering great coverage, but FS2 is not available in all areas. eg in NM, FS1 is available via the cable carrier, but FS2 is only available via Directv, which many people don't get because they have cable. In this case there's no way to get FS2...
I ended up buying access via the WEC website. 10Euro for the race on my iPad. Seems like a deal.

·
4,086 Posts

·
4,086 Posts
Porsche sweeps top two spots in Qualifying 1

Error Page

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Here is the Ford GT feed:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Porsche @ 2016 LeMans

:(

Coming up on the 17th hour.... is that sound I hear screaming coming from Stuttgart?

If this keeps up, there could be some reassignments in the home office.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Coverage is on FS2.

The radio broadcast on the Ford stream is excellent - a British station dedicated to racing. I left the computer on all night and would wake up and hear updates.

PORSCHE HAS JUST TAKEN THE LEAD!!!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts