Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting to shop for a cayman. Does anyone know if there are any lease incentives out now or what a good starting point term, money factor, and rate wise are? Thanks

·
Registered
607 Posts
You can either opt to get a huge cash discount, somewhere around 16K off MSRP or get a slightly less cash discount, around 8-10K off MSRP AND go with a good money factor, which is usually around .00146. Your residual will be the same no matter what option you go with.

This is all under the Porsche Moment program, which may still be on and only on 2009 models only. I believe every 2010 has a money factor of .0032 which is a joke on High MSRP cars, you will get killed. Any Porsche lease you do will most likely be for 36 months, because the residual is almost identical on both the 24 and 36 month leases. Porsche does not want to make a 24 month lease worth anyones while.

If you can't find any 09's to take, then don't look into leasing a 2010 IMO, the money factor will kill the value. Look into a M3 Coupe instead, slightly better bang for your buck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for that. I figured it had to be on 09's. I have contacted almost 5 dealers with 2 responses so far. One was asking me a few more questions the other I got a lease quote from, but like you said it was totally insane for a 2010. I remembered reading about some good deals on here, but could not find them. I will start to conact some more dealers that have 09's and see what I can do. I am also looking at a Z4 and a Audi S5, which are more of a compromise as I know they will not perform as well.

·
Registered
607 Posts
What you can do is search on Ebay for some 09 cars and contact the dealer directly if you see a car you like. Some want to get rid of the cars so bad they may even throw in free shipping.

I recently picked up a 09 997.2 S and saved around $600 in monthly payments over a 2010. Keep looking, but a 2010 is not worth the money to lease right now.

BMW and Audi cars are in the right direction for 2010 cars if value is a big thing for you...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the great information. I will keep a eye on ebay and see what I can do. I am in no rush with snow on the ground where I live so that gives me some time to make the right deal!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts