Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm about ready to order all the products I'll need for detailing my Cayman S.

From a previous suggestion from Phil, I intend to get the Leathermaster Trio (Leather Master Kit with Strong Cleaner, Protection, and Vital) for the leather interior. But, wouldn't it be too harsh/overkill to use a strong leather cleaner on a brand new car?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Ok, so I'm about ready to order all the products I'll need for detailing my Cayman S.

From a previous suggestion from Phil, I intend to get the Leathermaster Trio (Leather Master Kit with Strong Cleaner, Protection, and Vital) for the leather interior. But, wouldn't it be too harsh/overkill to use a strong leather cleaner on a brand new car?

I would say yes, you can use Leather Master Soft Cleaner.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
if you need leather master's info I will be glad to provide it to you, we just took in 2 pallets of products last week. They have reorganized and there are no issues with leather master

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm in the leather furniture business, and would not use the STRONG cleaner on a new hide. No need for it.

Leathermaster closed their USA Distributorship in FL in late 2009, as well as their Canadian operations. Apparently both have gone bankrupt, though I last tried to contact Leathermaster in mid-December and was unsuccessful. Their Voicemail was full, and faxes went unanswered. I think you will find it difficult to get product from them.

I've switched over to LeatherMagic products and would suggest you get this kit for finished leathers:

Leather Magic Leather Care Kit

It's what I used on my Boxster and sell to customers at my store. The
$ 60 kits are overkill for an auto interior.

I also am in the leather restoration business, and WOW! $40 for a couple 8oz bottles of leather care products? For the same price I can get the Leatherique Duo in a 32oz pair and Leatherique is by far one of the most impressive leather products I have ever used. It also comes with free sprayers. I would even throw in an mf interior cleaning towel set. :dance:

·
Registered
806 Posts

I use the Leather Master protection cream on my new Cayman S. So far, so good. I've been using it for about a year and it seems to slow the wear on the bolster. I haven't had a need to use a strong cleaner.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I use Obenauf's LP and oil on all my leather stuff from Brooks bicycle seats to shoes to the Porsche seats. Great products.

Am I correct that the standard leather seats in the 987s are the central panels only, with the top and sides vinyl?

·
Registered
732 Posts
I use Obenauf's LP and oil on all my leather stuff from Brooks bicycle seats to shoes to the Porsche seats. Great products.

Am I correct that the standard leather seats in the 987s are the central panels only, with the top and sides vinyl?
**** This is correct. The shift knob,door pulls, & emergengy lever are leather covered. I've had good luck with Lexol. Just use it on a warm day & let the car sit for 24 hours. Never found a reason to clean the seats except with a damp rag.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts