Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously... has anyone ever actually ordered these? If so, post a pic.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
There is this one guy...
BJR

Everything is leather in his car including leather mods that were not offered by Porsche. I understand that an entire herd had to be slaughtered when they made his car....lol

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Don't knock it 'til you try it. Just imagine that every time you turn on your heat or A/C, you get a wafting scent of freshly peeled cow floating over you.

Now THAT is the pinnacle of luxury!!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
...why...
Pfft. I thought I did a pretty good job of explaining why.

I had a choice between leather heat vent slats or four wheels on the car. I decided to,go with wheels...
Seriously?? The Canadian configurator doesn't have that option or I may have considered it. The Porsche wheels are hella-expensive. You could save a pile of cash by picking up something from TireRack and just having the dealer put them on before you take delivery.

Not sure how they deal with the car before it gets to you, but they're German. I'm sure they've got a fancy cart or something engineered just for this.

Reactions: jtucker

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
I have sympathy for the leather vent slats. I think there's way too much black plastic in the interior and it just seems cheap to me in such a nice car. The chrome plastic also seems cheap to me whether it's on the trim around the sport design wheel. Of course, these cars are not really about the interior. But when the price climbs up into the six-figure range, it would be nice to have all surfaces leather and wood or perhaps real carbon fiber, and zero plastic. That said, I went with the leather package not full leather, leather dashboard trim and center console trim. There's still plenty of black plastic in my car around the PCM, center. And also plenty of black vinyl in the dash and interior. I just felt that I could not afford all of the performance options I wanted plus all of the leather options that would've been nice to get. If I had had the money though...

Edit: Real metal surfaces such as trim would be fine with me, too.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Bad. Tease. :D

·
Registered
537 Posts
In Southern California at certain times of the day, the stock metallic trim on the vents, dash and/or console can cause significant sun glare. It's blinding. Leather vent slats are a good fix for that problem.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
The vent slats aren't metallic and there's no option to have the shiny vent trim changed. I think the 911 has this as an option. Lucky buggers.

Reactions: meteor10

·
Registered
537 Posts
Oh, vent slats! There I go again displaying my poor reading comprehension.

Never mind...

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
The vent slats aren't metallic and there's no option to have the shiny vent trim changed. I think the 911 has this as an option. Lucky buggers.
I think there's an aftermarket supplier of carbon fiber for these. Tempting.

·
Super Moderator
13,989 Posts
You all should really read Eduardo's explanation of LTS. It is outstanding.

"For leather air conditioner vents, the leather is stretched almost paper thin to cover the plastic vanes of the outlet. Also, the match between what is leather and what is similar to leather is outstanding by automobile standards."

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
In NJ we wear sunglasses and save the leather for our backsides.

In Southern California at certain times of the day, the stock metallic trim on the vents, dash and/or console can cause significant sun glare. It's blinding. Leather vent slats are a good fix for that problem.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Another great way to pi-s money away. I always thought about opening a store in Carmel called " over priced useless sh-t" . You play classical music and give them a glass of wine and charge 3X list. Carl

·
Registered
537 Posts
In NJ we wear sunglasses and save the leather for our backsides.
I wear polarized sunglasses every day of the year here in sunny Southern California. Doing so doesn't reduce the glare kicking off the trim at certain times of the day.

Does everyone in NJ wear leather pants? :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts