1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Simply beautiful; I wanted this in my car ... it's something the dealers never order ...

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Was that aftermarket or OEM? This stitching pattern looks subtly different to the OEM stitching?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've got the factory option and here's what it looks like. Totally worth it in my opinion. Where are you getting the red stitched wheel from?
image.jpg

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
You *just installed* it? You didn't order your car like that?? How'd you install it after you got the car? Didn't you have to change out the entire steering column?

Looks awesome!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You *just installed* it? You didn't order your car like that?? How'd you install it after you got the car? Didn't you have to change out the entire steering column?

Looks awesome!
I didn't order this car, my original order had all the leather options. Purchased this from a company called exclusive options. I installed it myself, took about 1.5 hrs going slowly to make sure I didn't break any connectors/tabs. Hardest part was accessing 2 screws under the column. Wasn't bad DIY, I like the results.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got the factory option and here's what it looks like. Totally worth it in my opinion. Where are you getting the red stitched wheel from?
View attachment 52711
Ordered steering wheel from DCT Motorsports, I got my R8 wheel from them. They use the OEM wheel for the core. I'll look similar to my R8 one, except it'll be Carbon and Red stitching.

R8 (5) by rsyphotography, on Flickr

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,272 Posts
Very nice. I like mine as well, but want more next time.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Ordered steering wheel from DCT Motorsports, I got my R8 wheel from them. They use the OEM wheel for the core. I'll look similar to my R8 one, except it'll be Carbon and Red stitching.

5) by rsyphotography, on Flickr

Looks real nice, Dave! I'm curious though: What made you decide to get the R8 over say a GT3? I'm a big fan of the R8 V10 Plus and have driven many miles in one. It's one of my favorite. But I don't think I'd get it over a 2014 GT3. I understand the Boxster purchase because I think everyone *has* to have at least one sports car where they can drop the top. But R8 vs GT3 is a hard one for me. Plus, you'd save about 50K going with the GT3 over the R8. The R8 certainly has more exotic looks and will get more attention, but I sort of feel like the GT3 has a slight performance edge over it. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks real nice, Dave! I'm curious though: What made you decide to get the R8 over say a GT3? I'm a big fan of the R8 V10 Plus and have driven many miles in one. It's one of my favorite. But I don't think I'd get it over a 2014 GT3. I understand the Boxster purchase because I think everyone *has* to have at least one sports car where they can drop the top. But R8 vs GT3 is a hard one for me. Plus, you'd save about 50K going with the GT3 over the R8. The R8 certainly has more exotic looks and will get more attention, but I sort of feel like the GT3 has a slight performance edge over it. What are your thoughts?
I originally had a 2014 GT3 on order, production was delayed due to the engine issue and I cancelled and got the R8 instead. I'm currently #3 on the list for the GT3RS whenever it's released, maybe by spring :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts