Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 5 years (can't believe I've had the car that long) of hating the OEM door pulls, I finally had them covered in proper leather by Exclusive Options (a P9 sponsor). Frank did a great job. Now I want to just sit in the car and admire the pulls. Rather than having my car apart for a couple of weeks, I bought used pulls from ebay and sent them to EO. The install was amazingly easy, and it's worth removing the door cards just to admire the engineering that went into the method of attachment. I was really impressed. Although I got the leather interior option with my car, in 2013 that didn't include the door pulls. Before and after photos attached.

Attachments

Reactions: AndyA6

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I have Exclusive Options do it.
Home Page

Here's another photo:

Attachments

·
Registered
832 Posts
I like it! Is this the same as "Leather Stitched Door Handle Surround Trims" on there web site? Not sure since they have no photo. Neither did I see anything about sending them the door pulls. Also what did you have to pay for the pair?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. These are not listed on his page. Mine are the 1st he did for this type of pull. We basically copied what is in the Spyder. You can buy leather wrapped pulls from Porsche directly, but they want $1,100 EACH. I also searched for used ones for > a year and gave up. I paid $400 each. My wife originally thought that was obscene, then she looked at the new and old side-by-side and said it was a good deal. :)

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
After 5 years (can't believe I've had the car that long) of hating the OEM door pulls, I finally had them covered in proper leather by Exclusive Options (a P9 sponsor). Frank did a great job. Now I want to just sit in the car and admire the pulls. Rather than having my car apart for a couple of weeks, I bought used pulls from ebay and sent them to EO. The install was amazingly easy, and it's worth removing the door cards just to admire the engineering that went into the method of attachment. I was really impressed. Although I got the leather interior option with my car, in 2013 that didn't include the door pulls. Before and after photos attached.
Looks great!

Now it's time to remove those awful warning labels from sunvisors...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was able to find pair of used OEM Leather/Silver door pulls on Ebay last week and got them for a steal (compared to new part prices, that is). Just got them installed, and I'm loving the results.

For anyone looking to do this, there are some really good videos on YouTube for removing the door panel without borking the any of the plastic clips. After that, it's basically just 4 screws for each door pull (and removing the window control pod on the driver's door). All in all, it was a smooth and easy install.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I was able to find pair of used OEM Leather/Silver door pulls on Ebay last week and got them for a steal (compared to new part prices, that is). Just got them installed, and I'm loving the results.
Is the silver on these plastic or some sort of metal? Can you tell? They look great!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is the silver on these plastic or some sort of metal? Can you tell? They look great!
It's the same material as the other silver accents in the interior like the interior door handle, AC vent surrounds, and the line that goes across the dash that includes the cup holders.

it looks and feels like metal, but whether or not it's *actually* metal, I couldn't say.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.