Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this so my apologies if not. I was wondering if anyone has ever had their leather seats repaired. My 2014 Cayman has a spot on the driver's seat that is almost warn through. I know replacing the entire seat is best but that is way too expensive. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice on repairing this before it becomes a hole. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I buy and sell Porsches as a hobby and find you issue on any Porsche 2009 or newer. I take them to a leather repair shop and they dye the spot and it looks like new. Costs $60 here in fly-over country. The guy I work with at the leather shop says the majority of new cars have this issue. He said manufacturers had to change their dye formula around the 2009 time frame. He might have been blowing smoke, but I have 2 2008 987Ss with 60K mi on ea and neither has this issue. I don't have a before pic, but here's an after photo of my latest Wheeler Dealer car - a 2009 Boxster S.

CL12.JPG

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I think most all dealerships have leather repair contractors who visit their shops. If you have a good relationship with your service department, you can get the name of the contractor from them and schedule an appointment directly with the contractor, thereby avoiding the dealer mark-up. Leather repairs are fairly commonplace.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this so my apologies if not. I was wondering if anyone has ever had their leather seats repaired. My 2014 Cayman has a spot on the driver's seat that is almost warn through. I know replacing the entire seat is best but that is way too expensive. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice on repairing this before it becomes a hole. Thanks.
Can we see a picture of what you're describing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts