Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read many of the posts regarding leather treatments. A few talk about the leather smell after treatment.
I recently purchased a used 981 which still has the Porsche leather smell. I do not want to alter/lose that with a cleaning or conditioning agent.

Can I get some recommendations for products to try and what is the best way to test them?
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
I've been happy with Lexol. Can't comment on the smell. I believe Porsche has their own product line for this also.

Classic advice for testing is a hidden or obscure,out of the way area.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Classic advice for testing is a hidden or obscure, out of the way area.
Don't think that will work for testing smell.
I would get a piece of leather scrap from a interion shop and cut into small pieces then test the products on it and see which smells the way you want. It may take days to get a true smell testing on each. I'll check the several products I have and see if I can figure any possibilities.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I use Griots Garage Leather Care on my cars. It enhances the leather smell and is good for feeding the leather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have read many of the posts regarding leather treatments. A few talk about the leather smell after treatment.
I recently purchased a used 981 which still has the Porsche leather smell. I do not want to alter/lose that with a cleaning or conditioning agent.

Can I get some recommendations for products to try and what is the best way to test them?
Thank you.
Chamberlains Leather Milk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts