Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so I got these REALLY cool looking LED Running lights for my GT-3 Front bumper from Neal @ Nr Auto Acessories .My first Impression is simply awsome quality ,The frames that neal designed are very Impressive and the lights are heavy and have the look of Top Quality .I am really happy
My question is does anyone know what wiring I can expect to encounter when I remove my current 997 fog lights ?
I would ideally like to have the running lights on when I turn the fog lights switch on just as we do now with our caymans ,The other option is to just have them on at all times when the Ignition is on .
as pictured there is 1 black wire and 1 Red wire comming out from behind the new LED lights so I am assuming 1 hot 1 ground ?
anyone with any knowledge of how to wire these puppys in would be appreciated .I am going to DIY Tomorrow .I dont have a voltage meter .
I am assuming I will have to remove the front bumper? or can I get at these by removing the front headlamps? Thanks so much

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi prodgers,

What you can do similar to my DRL writeup is take the fog light wiring and tap and splice the wires into them to power your new LED lights (yes red and black is positive and negative power, I don't think it matters if you mix them up it will still connect and get the power), I don't know how splitting the power with the OEM fog lights will affect the brightness or even cause a trigger warning in the system with both, but I recommend what I did simply take the fog light bulbs out so the full current is only going to new LED's. Trust me you won't miss the OEM fog lights anyways because they are yellow compared to your new lighting. So when you turn the light switch to position 1, you will have the LED's on only (for daily driving with head turns and Audi rivalry), position 2 will be headlights and LED's (hope you have matching temperature HID headlights!:) if not PM me). I have a feeling these are going look amazing, please post pics when you are done! Good luck my friend!

-Law

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Law.I have a Gt-3 front bumper so there are currently 997 running lights in there ,I think the shop use a different wiring harness when they installed those 997 lights but I can just unplug it ,I hope.

Ken .Ok I will do a step by step and post in articles .Neal did not send me any instructions ,I printed out the DIY to remove the front bumper or I can always go to the body shop on monday they said they could do it for $200.00cash and I can take the photos there while they are doing it no problem .
You think $200 too much ? I hate to waste $$ on something I see as a challenge :) thanks
see photo for my current front end

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
I have no idea how these are supposed to wire in, hence I would ask Neal before cutting any wires, etc. As far as getting the lights out, you might be able to do it with a good plastic wedge tool and a little luck as opposed to having to pull the whole bumper off.

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
K-Man S

That would be great if I could do that !! Just pop them out or maybe remove the front headlamps first ? then I could go to the body shop and just ask what wire goes where but if what law says is true its no different then the stock replacement to LEDS. it looks to be pretty straight forward ? they are Really nice quality ,I am impressed that NR made these :)
also there will be a great GB offered any day now from them in regards to a Gt reat bumper for the cayman :)

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
K-Man S

ken, Tried removing the current 997 running lights with no sucess,there in there really good .will try removing headlapms to see if i can get in through that way today ,Thanks

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Sucess!!!!!

I got the 997 lights out with a credit card!

Got the Running lights out in 30 seconds each
Just turned my fog light /head light dial to the fog light setting and saw the little light that came on ,2 wires ,wired it in no problem :)
will post pics tomorrow .NO BUMPER REMOVAL NEEDED this was easy :)
LED'S are a random order look with about 30 or so little lights .
IT LOOKS AMAZING !! IMO .Iam stoked ,anyone with a GT-3 front bumper should consider this modification .Neal is offering a special discount to current gt-3 front bumper owners .Its worth it !!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Glad it worked out Peter, if you have a chance could you post some pictures in both dark/light so we can see the finished product? :picsplz:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts