Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After striking out with two different styles from Ebay (terrible quality and fit), I essentially gave up on the idea...

...until I saw these on Amazon:

Anyone have any experience? A similar style is also being sold on Ebay, but there are some tiny differences if you look closely...

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I installed the led side marker lights from pelican porsche ( Porsche Side Marker Light Genuine Porsche 99163125506 991-631-255-06 991 631 255 06 991.631.255.06 | Pelican Parts) on my 981 CGTS and my son did the same w his 987 B. Fit, look, and ease of install were great, highly recommended. Will attempt to post pic
I'm not seeing 987 LED side marker fixtures on Pelican. Did he just replace the bulb with an LED bulb? Or is the 981 LED fixture compatible for 987?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
981 fixtures are a different shape than 987. Maybe he did the clear 987 European fixtures from Porsche and did an LED bulb?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I made a mistake, both were obtained from suncoast and he got the european version (clear w amber bulb) which is not LED, my apologies.

It looks like pelican carries the same product. For my 981, i have LED. Again, sorry for confusion.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No worries.... Might give these Amazon lights a try and review them. Was hesitant because both eBay sourced LED lights were crap that I tried.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Another vote for Suncoast. I bought mine nearly a decade ago. I think they were on sale. Less than $50. Very easy to self-install. Clear lense with non-LED amber bulb. Yay... another Speed Yellow.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tired those, the build quality was awful on the set I got and they didn't fit well. Not sure if I was unlucky or what.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, the lights I asked about are the ones you want!

Here is why:
  • same shape and profile as stock units
  • nice build quality, no plastic defects
  • look OEM
  • great fit
  • look bright and uniform when lit
  • Amber lights (my preference)
  • includes resistors to prevent light warnings when in blinker mode (tested and verified function)
  • good price

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts