Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I would like to congratulate Joe for his very nice LED spars for Cayman 987. That alone improved the look of my Cayman.

But I wanted to add DRL function and this is not available as is. Through searching I ended up with a DRL Module from Maxspeed-Motorsports:
Daytime Running Lights Smart Module - Maxspeed-Motorsports

Although it is not plug and play (I need to cut the led spars connector to park light; original equipment remains untouched), it was easy to install if you know at least how to splice wires or add electrical connectors.

New features added to the led spars:

DRL - the led will light up on ignition

Dim with park light - led brightness will be reduced with park light (not to blind other drivers at night)

Flasher - flash with turn signals

Home function - stay on for another 30 second after ignition off

The led spars + smart DRL Module are awesome

·
Registered
232 Posts
I see you are not located in the US.
But in the US, I believe it would be illegal for the spars to blink as turn signals because they are not yellow.
All of the other functions you describe sound like a plus though.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I see you are not located in the US.
But in the US, I believe it would be illegal for the spars to blink as turn signals because they are not yellow.
All of the other functions you describe sound like a plus though.
This would also be the case in the UK as well.

Helpful information though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for those information. I guess our laws here are more relaxed as some cars here have red turning signals as factory.

The good thing about the DRL module is that you can enable or disable a feature depending on the wires that you connect. In the case of the flash function, you can just skip that step and it won't function.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts