Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me with some advice. I currently live in Dubai and will be relocating back to the UK in the summer. I own a 2014 981 Cayman S and thinking about taking it back the Uk rather than sell it for a silly price in Dubai. Has anyone got experience of driving a LHD car in the Uk and are there any major issues to be aware of. Thanks in advance. Mark

·
Registered
236 Posts
No issues.

I lived in the UK for five years in the 90s and have traveled there on business. I also have a full UK license issued by the DVLA.

We shipped my LHD Honda Accord and drove it in the UK and France. I also had a RHD Mini Cooper that I used for commuting.

My advice has always been: it is hard to sit on the right than drive on the left. Meaning, a LHD car is generally easy to drive on the left. You just wont be able to see oncoming traffic as well as a RHD car, being as you are on curb side.

Placing the car in your lane is straightforward.

I doubt you will have any issues. You might want to get some basic driving training, or read about current UK rules from the DVLA.

If you don't know about roundabouts and how to negotiate them, I would recommend reading up. I can post some guidelines I always gave my visitors if you like.

You may also look at headlight orientation. My Honda adjusted with a simple screw.

Otherwise I'd think you will be fine.

Enjoy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts