Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just got back from my dealer, and i'm inches away from pulling the trigger on a leftover 2009. Tell me what you guys think

Base Cayman, Carrera white w/ Black standard leather
640 - Sport Chrono Package Plus
P23 - PCM 3.0 w/ Extended Navigation
810 - Floor Mats in Interior Color
680 - Bose High End Sound Package
P75 - BiXenon Headlights w/Dyn Cornr
870 - Universal Audio Interface
619 - Bluetooth Interface for Mobile
342 - Heated Front Seats
419 - 19" Carrera S II wheel

Sticker is $62,130 and they are offering $9500 off sticker. They wont budge more than that as they were originally only gonna offer $6500. overall this has every option that i wanted and along with my top color choice. 95% sure that this is the one, but what do you guys think? :thanks:

Im also aware that some people in other parts of the US have been getting ridiculous deals on leftover 2009s, but unfortunately 9500 off sticker is the most they are willing to do. probably because this is SoCal and there are plenty of people with money who are willing to pay a premium on anything and everything.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I've only purchased one Porsche but I think that sounds high for a base Cayman, even a well optioned one. But if you like it, then that's a different story.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I think you can do better by a grand or two, but that's it... Much of the discount they are giving you is not really coming from them, but Porsche, assuming you are buying the car outright or coming up with your own financing.

For you to compare, I got a 997.2 with MSRP of $108K and a discount of 12.5K off (4 months ago)... had I come up with my own financing, that discount would have been over 20K instead.

That is a bit pricey for a regular Cayman though...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
another dealership that i have talked to is also only willing to budge off 9800 on a similarly optioned leftover 2009. however, the color is black and their are some options that are not needed/dont have. Not sure if Socal just sucks, or maybe there's a method to getting them to drop the ball and give me a larger discount. Anyone can chime in on this?

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I think it's a good deal. I would encourage you to buy a Gen. II 2009+ Cayman of any sort over a Gen. I, but I guess I'm just prejudiced!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Perhaps you can look for one and ship it? I know Porsche of the Mainline in Pennsylvania has a white w/ sea blue that they are asking $49ish for because I looked at it, but wanted black, silver, or grey.

2009 New Porsche Cayman at Porsche of The Main Line in Newtown Square, PA, IID 4096359

The add is wrong as it has 18's on it as per the sticker so they must have a typo there. I am sure you can get them to go further as well, which would more then cover shipping. I just picked up my 09 last week and got $13,600 off sticker and a free upgrade to the 19" carrera S II wheels. Along with that I was given $2,000 more on my trade then any other dealer offered. I was basing my deal on the difference so I negotiated it, but these numbers are how they were listed on the contract.

I would at least try to use the add as a negotiating tool as they may move further if they see you are thinking of going another route.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I was looking into this car before and I was offered a much lower price. I decided to buy a CS instead.
do you think you could PM me the price that they offered you, i would love to use this as a bargaining chip. :helpme:

wkerat,about getting one from out of state and shipping it: I feel like it is more hassle than i am willing to go through to get a cayman. although this is the most likely situation to be able to get the best deal out there.

i have mentioned to them that many of the members on here have been getting these kinds of deals, so im not quite sure why they are not budging at the moment. i think im going to start playing the "Im just going to go look somewhere else" game with the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
So the "game" so to speak did not go as well as i hoped. They are now saying that the maximum they are willing to go is $10,100 discount before they just straight up let me walk away from the deal. This is only marginally better than before, but im thinking about taking it since it IS "better" than before. maybe i can make try and get them to throw in some extra porsche swag.

Hopefully ill have a new cayman sitting in the garage by the end of the week, so heres to finally joining the cayman club! :dance:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts