Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That time of year again.

Porsche fitted a new exhaust on their Cayman *cough* 911RSR for testing at Lemans this week. Magnifique

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,086 Posts
I am watching. I went to a viewing event today at my dealership. It was fantastic.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Watching. So few cars in LMP1 but Senna, Prost, Piquet all racing in LMP2.

Reactions: 1028Caymn

·
4,086 Posts
What happened to the #2 919? I missed the first 3 hours. It must have had a major problem as it is 19 laps behind.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
What happened to the #2 919? I missed the first 3 hours. It must have had a major problem as it is 19 laps behind.
In the garage for quite some time changing something in the "MGU" - related to the elec motors in the front. The tech on the cars is interesting but rather see and hear the RSR and Ford GT and Ferraris.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And .. there it is. Porsche now leading both P1 and GTE. Dirk Werner is flying out there.
Craziness. Poor Kamui, 2 years in a row the Toyota fails him.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Let me acknowledge that I'm a dinosaur, but those prototype cars are about as ugly as a car can be. If someone gave me a year to design an uglier car than those prototypes, I'd be really challenged. Check out the cars in McQueen's movie Le Mans and compare it to the cars in today's race. At least the slower cars look like cars, although I'm not a fan of the huge wings.
Aesthetics aside, some great racing in today's race. I just love watching cars going in excess of 200 MPH in the wee hours of the morning. I just wish that some major network carried the entire race. I can't believe that the garbage that FS1 is now showing would attract more viewers than Le Mans.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Let me acknowledge that I'm a dinosaur, but those prototype cars are about as ugly as a car can be.

[ ]
I just wish that some major network carried the entire race. I can't believe that the garbage that FS1 is now showing would attract more viewers than Le Mans.
No argument from me on either of these points. I am a Le Mans fan (and not of auto racing in general) because of the other factors in the race. For example, I'm very interested in whether Porsche #2 can make it back to be #2 overall.

The appearance of the LMP cars don't matter much to me.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Morbo,

Thanks so much for the video. The Porsches just sound so fabulous compared to the V-8s and Hybrids. I'm a muscle-car guy who can't get enough of the racecar sound of that flat-6 at speed. Thank you.

·
4,086 Posts
Let me acknowledge that I'm a dinosaur, but those prototype cars are about as ugly as a car can be. If someone gave me a year to design an uglier car than those prototypes, I'd be really challenged. Check out the cars in McQueen's movie Le Mans and compare it to the cars in today's race. At least the slower cars look like cars, although I'm not a fan of the huge wings.
Aesthetics aside, some great racing in today's race. I just love watching cars going in excess of 200 MPH in the wee hours of the morning. I just wish that some major network carried the entire race. I can't believe that the garbage that FS1 is now showing would attract more viewers than Le Mans.
Have you listened to them.....? Ugh! Terrible. V4 Turbo.

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
997 Posts
Have you listened to them.....? Ugh! Terrible. V4 Turbo.
I think / hope you will see LMP1 and LMP2 merge into one class next year. Having only two manufacturers in a class just makes no sense. I remember Porsche dominating P2 a few years ago with their RS Spyder.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GTE is unbelievable tight after 16 hours. 30 secs separating top 5, Pilet in lead currently. It's going to come down to pit stop cycles and who has the best tires left at the end i think.

·
4,086 Posts
Porsche wins Le Mans again! #2 919.

GTE Pro class was AMAZING!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts