Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A very heartfelt thank you to KMan and all the many knowledgeable contributors at Planet 9 from whom I have learned so much during the 18 months since I first drove a Boxster through the Alps and returned to California convinced my next car would be a Cayman. Absorbing but a fraction of the collective wisdom offered on this site not only helped the time pass while waiting to take delivery, it also helped me order just the car I wanted and better prepared me to enjoy it once it (finally) arrived. Even though I’m barely into the break in period, the single most impressive aspect of the Cayman so far is the sheer wonderfully precise mechanical nature of the thing. It is joyful!

2010 CAYMAN S

9Q METEOR GREY METALLIC
DD STONE GREY SPORTS SEATS
P01 ADAPTIVE SPORTS SEATS
342 HEATED FRONT SEATS
640 SPORT CHRONO PACKAGE PLUS
680 BOSE SOUND
870 UNIVERSAL AUDIO INTERFACE
P23 PCM 3.0
220 LSD
475 PASM
P75 BI-XNEON HEADLIGHTS
509 FIRE EXTINGUISHER
X70 METAL DOOR SILL MODEL DESIGNATION
XSX SEAT BELTS GUARDS RED
XXZ FOOT REST ALUMINUM
498 DELETE MODEL DESIGNATION

PLUS:
CLEAR SIDE MARKERS,RED & BLACK COCOMATS,FRONT AND REAR CARGO LINERS,SECOND CARGO NET, DAS SCHILD LID PROTECTOR

Babbo

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
babbo

WOW!! what a sweet list of options ..Lsd :) man thats cool .I am jealous :cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I see that gray is a very popular color here. Congrats :cheers:

·
Registered
882 Posts
:cheers::cheers::cheers:
Welcome. May I suggest really studying the owner's manual as there are lots of nifty features to dsicover. Second, when the wather improves, may I suggest a mini-vacation. I did and came home truly smitten with this wonderfulc ar. Drive safely and enjoy. Ed

·
Registered
882 Posts
what is the fire extingusher for? is it really necessary?
Actually yes. Twice I have been in a position where a small auto fire could be quickly extinguished. One time I helpd put a small fire out with a car extinguisher. But several years earlier, I saw a person get rear ended. I stood by (some distance away) and watched the small flame grow and grow until the entire car was engulfed.

By the way I have extinguishers in my kitchen and both ends of the garage. Ed

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Very nice and congrats.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Firstly, congrats on your purchase - nice ride.

I've wondered this for a while and the picture of your (cars') rear end has prompted me to ask: what are those two god awful bulges on either side of your rear plate?? I can only assume this is a US legislation thing as I only see them on US models. Please dont tell me people are actually fitting these things themselves(!!!). Again, what are they for?

To me this is akin to drawing a moustache on the Mona Lisa.

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
US has stupid cheap price for their cars and those bumps are their penance! ha ha.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Firstly, congrats on your purchase - nice ride.

I've wondered this for a while and the picture of your (cars') rear end has prompted me to ask: what are those two god awful bulges on either side of your rear plate?? I can only assume this is a US legislation thing as I only see them on US models. Please dont tell me people are actually fitting these things themselves(!!!). Again, what are they for?

To me this is akin to drawing a moustache on the Mona Lisa.
My USA 2007 CS has them as well. It came that way from the factory.

Perhaps plates in some other parts of the world are longer and Porsche added these to fill the space left on either side of a standard sized USA plate.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts