Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am having a bit of a problem with lighting. I installed LED bulbs for my low beams and high beams in my 2006 Boxster base. The low beams are fine, but the high beam bulbs are giving me a code ("Check left high beam, check right high beam") that I cannot resolve. The box that both sets of bulbs came in is marked "MarsAuto LED Lighting" but I cannot find contact information for the company at all and my repair guy has no idea how to solve this short of putting the old bulbs back in which I don't want to do. Can anyone help me with this ? I am willing to purchase new bulbs if someone can suggest ones that will not throw codes.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
856 Posts
The car's computer looks at the current draw to see if a bulb has burned out. LEDs use so much less juice than halogen bulbs that it looks to the computer like the bulb has burned out.

One solution is to put a resistor in the circuit so more current is used. You'll have to do some research on how many ohms and where to wire it in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, a resistor would drop the amperage even more. Do you know of any bulbs that will actually work and not produce codes ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Unfortunately, a resistor would drop the amperage even more. Do you know of any bulbs that will actually work and not produce codes ?
A resistor in SERIES with the bulb would drop the amperage. One wired in parallel to the bulb will increase the amperage drawn.. and shouldn't change the light output of the LED light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts