Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I went to take my BGTS out of storage yesterday and I got the Interm Service req message. No surprise since it just passed 2 years since I bought it. After that message went, I got a limited monitoring message for the TPMS. I noticed the rear driver's side tire was not showing a pressure value.

The funny thing is a couple of weeks ago, I went to start the car and everything looked fine with the TPMS. It showed values for the 4 tires. I am hoping this works its self out. I was never a fan of the TPMS because it is just something else that needs replacing and I don't mind checking the tires with my own tire gage. Is there a parameter that can be disabled using a Durametric tool that will shut off TPMS? Has anyone else experienced this message before?

Thank you and I hope you all have a good day. :)

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Hi there. I went to take my BGTS out of storage yesterday and I got the Interm Service req message. No surprise since it just passed 2 years since I bought it. After that message went, I got a limited monitoring message for the TPMS. I noticed the rear driver's side tire was not showing a pressure value.

The funny thing is a couple of weeks ago, I went to start the car and everything looked fine with the TPMS. It showed values for the 4 tires. I am hoping this works its self out. I was never a fan of the TPMS because it is just something else that needs replacing and I don't mind checking the tires with my own tire gage. Is there a parameter that can be disabled using a Durametric tool that will shut off TPMS? Has anyone else experienced this message before?

Thank you and I hope you all have a good day. :)
Stored for how long, perhaps the TPMS module in that tire went to sleep? After driving it for awhile or changing the pressure down 5 pounds or so then back up it might 'wake-up"?

Reactions: Jeff78

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had it stored since November. :) I was thinking that driving it around might work. I went for a 20km drive after taking it out of storage. I hope this will eventually resolve itself. I dont want to risk scratching my rim just to replace a sensor.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I will try decreasing the pressure and bring it back up. :)

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
I will try decreasing the pressure and bring it back up. :)

Thank you for your help.
I thought I read that changing the onboard comuter setting between tire settings (like summer to winter or 19" to 20")and back forces it to re-register the TPMS for each tire.

Reactions: Jeff78

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will try that out! Thank you! :)

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
You can replace a sensor without taking the tire off the rim...had one done on my 911 a couple of months ago, and the tire jockey just broke the bead by the sensor and depressed the tire enough to get at the sensor. Popped out the old one, slapped in a new one a re-inflated the tire. No need to even balance again as the tire and rim didn't move. The whole procedure took less than 5 minutes once the wheell/tire was off the car.

And yes, it's possible to disable TPMS with a Durametric, but it isn't just a coding change...you also need to disconnect the TPMS control unit. https://rennlist.com/forums/diy-submission-forum/732293-disable-enable-tpms-w-durametric-pro.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.