Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Not in my Porsche but definitely in my GTI. Honestly I can perceive of no difference. I just know it's a very good alternative. My mechanic swapped it around and I know the E92 M3 guys also use Liqui Moly.

·
Banned
2,307 Posts
we use liqui moly in the shop in every oil change.. Liqui Moly also as that additive that is rally proven.. Anyways.. Liqui moly is shipped from germany. vs. (here comes the flack) Mobile one is American formula (the ones you get here) ..(very different for European standards..)

2cents
Lemon

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Liqui moly is shipped from germany. vs. (here comes the flack) Mobile one is American formula (the ones you get here) ..(very different for European standards..)

Lemon
It's A40 so it meets Porsche's spec. That's all that matters.

Reactions: Baystater

·
Registered
20 Posts
The ones I get here have "European Car formula" on the bottle and are approved by Porsche. Are you saying that they are wrongly labelled?
Parse the term. What does the label really tell you?

You could say that the oil is as they intend it to be interpreted: a European Car "Formula". It is not the exact same product as Liqi Moly, nor is it intended to be, should you contact the manufacturer and ask specific questions. They are tricksy.

Or, it could mean the oil is formulated based upon a "European" formula, whatever that means. As stated, it is Porsche approved, but not necessarily identical. So no worries there.

Or it is re-packaged "German" oil, sold under a different name?

You really need to read descriptions very carefully. I just completed my Long Term Disability claim for PTSD and associated conditions. Every email, letter and phone call received, I went through word-by-word, picking apart exactly what they were saying, then challenging it. My file s 7 inches thick. It took two years, but in the end, I won my case. Extreme attention to detail was needed, or I would not have been successful in my claim.

Just devil's advocate here. No judgement... don't even own a Porsche,yet.

Cheers

·
Registered
453 Posts
So I checked. Both, the German full synthetic Mobil1 0W-40 oil and the product sold in the US have the exact same specifications.

Here is the German product page: Mobil 1â„¢ FS 0W-40 | Mobil 1â„¢ Deutschland

Here is the US product page (both bottle designs in the US - the ones labelled with "European Car Formula" and the "Keeps your Engine Running Like New" point to the same product page for full synthetic 0W-40 oil): https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/mobil-1/mobil-1#FS 0W-40

All the specifications are the same: viscosity @40C: 70.8, @100C 12.9, viscosity index 186 etc....

·
Registered
529 Posts
Liqui Moly is actually cheaper for me than Mobil 1 0W40 Euro. Given that the mobile 1 is OEM factory fill, I'm not sure why you would switch.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Liqui Moly is actually cheaper for me than Mobil 1 0W40 Euro. Given that the mobile 1 is OEM factory fill, I'm not sure why you would switch.
It depends on where and when you buy Mobil 1. Its usually $23 - 26 for 5 qts at Walmart. And twice a year Mobil has a $12/5qt rebate. That brings it down to less than $3 a quart.

·
Registered
529 Posts
It depends on where and when you buy Mobil 1. Its usually $23 - 26 for 5 qts at Walmart. And twice a year Mobil has a $12/5qt rebate. That brings it down to less than $3 a quart.
I'm sorry, I actually meant Mobil 1 was cheaper. Liqui Moly is more expensive everywhere I look. I personally see no reason to use it. My UOA on Mobil 1 was excellent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.