Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does somebody have a list of all the options available on the Boxster/Cayman, with a layman’s explanation and user input on that they really are, and if they are worth the money (obviously subjective) I’ve looked on the Porsche USA website, and found the standard explanations like I cut and pasted below. But I’m looking for user input for each of the performance options listed on the web site. I see in some of the threads debates and pros/cons for some options, but I was wondering if anybody has put them all together in one place (like an excel spreadsheet). If not I'll build my own culling the inputs from the configuration thread (there could be worse thing to do!)

Sport Exhaust System: $2,890
Modified main silencers for more sporty exhaust note
Specially designed twin-tube tailpipes in stainless steel
NOTE:
Activation via sport exhaust button and enabled automatically when the "SPORT" button is selected.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Sport Suspension: $1,235
More stiffly tuned spring and damper units
Adapted anti-roll bars
Reduced ride height of -20 mm
NOTE:
Not in conjunction with Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, I found something like I was looking for in the FAQ (duh!), but its old (2010), and does not include any of the newer options for the 981.

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
Try putting your mouse over an option like PTV and a popup should come up explaining it.

Others, like PASM, are the same. Maybe that will help.

·
Registered
503 Posts
user input on that they really are, and if they are worth the money (obviously subjective)
Not sure how you're expecting the former given the latter. Worth is based on the individual -- not the option. There's no good way to compile sense of worth in the way you're suggesting as for any option you'll find those that consider it worthwhile and those that do not. If you don't have an idea for a given option all you can do is read the available info and try to decide. You can see if posted opinions seem relevant to your sense of worth as well. However, relying on what you read can be of limited use.

It's really the same problem with trying to compile any subjective matter.

·
Registered
848 Posts
If you have any questions about any particular option, you can start a thread and get many opinions on their worth. There are lots of such threads. Or you can search and find lots of comments on any particular option.

It would be very handy if the FAQ were updated with the latest options.

My opinion on the options you mention are the Sports Exhaust is too noisy (even "off") and I didn't want it. I discovered this after driving cars with and without. X73 is great, if you want a sporty experience and don't mind a few bumps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts