Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night a good friend of mine offered me to drive his 2010 Panamera Turbo. I drove with car for about 10 minutes. Here is my impression:
1) The car is very very FAST; you feel it, see it, know it. Very impressive.
2) The ride is extemely comfortable.
3) The steering is on the light side; this came as a surprise to me. It is unlike the Cayman.
4) The car is not as communicative as I thought, you don't really feel the road; again compared to the cayman.
5) Driving in the manual mode: I was not impressed with the bottons; easy to use and to get used to within a minute; but truly no feeling at all, just does not connect. Have I had a PDK equiped car, I will leave it in automatic most of the time.
:thanks:

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Follow up,
I got out of the Panamera with more appreciation to the Cayman I drive.
:eek:

My friend, you're comparing a family car to a sports car! :(

I'd never own a Panamera even if I could afford one, simply because I'm not a family man. But still it's one of the best high class luxury sedans in the market.

Good to hear from you and have you back onboard though :cheers:

·
Registered
282 Posts
:eek:

My friend, you're comparing a family car to a sports car! :(

I'd never own a Panamera even if I could afford one, simply because I'm not a family man. But still it's one of the best high class luxury sedans in the market.

Good to hear from you and have you back onboard though :cheers:
agreed. +1

·
Registered
282 Posts
I know; was just a quick thouggt. So what family car would you buy at that price?
I currently drive a Lexus IS250AWD and a Lexus ES350 as Family cars.
As soon as I catch my portfolio back up to recoup the cash from a land transaction I hope to get a Panamera.

Took one for a test drive and was really impressed!!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Last night a good friend of mine offered me to drive his 2010 Panamera Turbo. I drove with car for about 10 minutes. Here is my impression:
1) The car is very very FAST; you feel it, see it, know it. Very impressive.
2) The ride is extemely comfortable.
3) The steering is on the light side; this came as a surprise to me. It is unlike the Cayman.
4) The car is not as communicative as I thought, you don't really feel the road; again compared to the cayman.
5) Driving in the manual mode: I was not impressed with the bottons; easy to use and to get used to within a minute; but truly no feeling at all, just does not connect. Have I had a PDK equiped car, I will leave it in automatic most of the time.
get one without the assisted steering - hard to find but it is an option.

i think you need more than 10 minutes - there is pretty good road feel imo. lot more than my GTS

the ride is comfortable but it is very firm

they do lack any real exhaust soundif the sport exhaust is not optioned

·
Registered
206 Posts
So what family car would you buy at that price?
For that kind of taste and money I suspect one would look at a Maserati Quattroporte GT S or the Aston Martin Rapide.

My friend took me for a ride in his recently supercharged M5 E39 (dangerously quick btw) when a gleaming new black Panamera Turbo pulled up alongside us coming to a set of traffic lights. My mate wasn't concerned about putting his foot down to test it ;), totally opposite infact, he gave it respect as we watched it pass by! Many people have divided opinions about the look of the Panamera which I can understand. I got to drive the 4S version and was impressed by it technical abilities...it's a big heavy car but it goes. I can only imagine what a Turbo can do.

Overall, the car looks better in the metal but there's no doubt (in my mind) it has major presence on a road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts