Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for all of the effort you have put into this thread. My previous car was a Viper with Corsa exhaust and it sounded great on deceleration from high rpm's. I miss the pops and blips with my stock exhaust. I've listened to the sound clips and I didn't notice any pops on deceleration with the Capristo exhaust. Can you comment on that, please? I'm definitely in the market for exhaust upgrade. Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Placed my order w.Nick today. Will install the Capristo

200 cell cats, headers and exhaust in Sept after arrival, customs, etc. Nick is taking orders now, and NOT making us wait for all 10 to sign up.

Thanks NIck!

MISpuds:banana:

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
200 cell cats, headers and exhaust in Sept after arrival, customs, etc. Nick is taking orders now, and NOT making us wait for all 10 to sign up.

Thanks NIck!

MISpuds:banana:
did you get 4 200 cell cats or 2? I have to ask Ken which system he has.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
This system is really loud with the valves open and pedal down and after some checking it’s clear that I would often exceed the 3000 rpm cut-over limit in town and would inevitably get pulled over and have to forfeit the system. I could stay under 4000 or even 3600 rpm but not even Nick knows yet how the control box can be re-programmed. Because the box doesn’t seem to have any means to accept input I’m getting suspicious and my purchase depends on knowing how this can be done.

K-Man S, you may be the only person in the US who has received rpm limit re-programming instructions for this system. Can you give me a clue?

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
BJ,
I would email Nick and ask him to have Antonio email you the programming instructions. It is a 2 page PDF file as I recall. You know you can keep the valves closed all the way up to redline right? Your right foot controls whether they open or close depending upon how much load you put the car under. If you are jamming your foot to the floor at every stoplight then yes you may find the valves opening around 3k all the time, but I don't know anyone who drives their Cayman that way. Get the PDF file and check it out, I haven't tried to re-program because I haven't found the need to.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Thanks Ken. Nick has promised the instructions once the workers get back from vacation and open the factory.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
SpeedYellow,

I just picked up my Cayman after my new Capristo exhaust was installed. What a class act! It is as quiet as a mouse until you either click the remote control or exceed 3000 rpm under load. Then the beast wakes up with a great sound ... but its all controllable with no resonances ... pleasant all the way up. A real class act and with 311 RWHP! Moreover, I was out of town or else I would have installed it myself. It would be an easy install with K-Man S's article and what a delight to drive.

I do have a question about ECU error codes. Before my Capristo was installed, I got a few CELs. I didn't concern myself with them since I was putting on a new exhaust and new cats, thinking it may have been a bad cat code, like others have been getting. The codes were cleared with my Durmetric but they came back: a P2196 fault which is not on any list I can find. In addition I got P0421 and P0431 fault codes, which are also not on any DME 7.8 list. Does anyone have a clue what these codes mean and what may have triggered them? They certainly have nothing to do with the Capristo since they were there first, but that also eliminates cats since those are new. I do have a relatively new GIAC ECU flash.

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
The GIAC flash will not prevent P421 or P431 which is the cat efficiency code which will be tripped if you have the old ECU from the factory (you do) and if you run the A/C (you probably did) so your only recurse is to get the newer ECU update and/or tune your ECU from Softronic, or get rid of the headers and aftermarket cats and go back to stock.

2196 I don't know but if you ask PCA-TECH he can look it up for you.

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
That's not good, if it was after the exhaust install I'd say they got the sensors backwards or something, but since this was before the exhaust install then either it has something to do with his previous exhaust or ecu tuning, or he has a bad sensor now which needs replaced (and Porsche isn't going to do that under warranty given this aftermarket exhaust). Boy that 9ff exhaust just gets better and better, I bet he's glad to have it off now...

141 - 154 of 154 Posts