Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a livery on a black Cayman S. I haven't seen a black race car though with a Porsche Livery. Has anyone got one I missed or any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
The Martini livery was on an all black car, 956?

don't know if they will allow it

here's a 935 that raced at Sebring
Google Image Result for http://www.racingmodels.co.uk/ekmps/shops/arendonk1/images/-center-porsche-935-turbo-budweiser-9-sebring-1979-1-18-7363-p%5Bekm%5D102x80%5Bekm%5D.jpg

and here's another
Google Image Result for http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/images/thumbs/834/Porsche-935-K3_19.jpg

Looking for a livery on a black Cayman S. I haven't seen a black race car though with a Porsche Livery. Has anyone got one I missed or any suggestions?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes...Thanks very much. Any other choices? I know the Kenwood Livery with Yokohama is taken

·
Kestrel Racing
578 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
There was also a #10 Kenwood 962 with no red trim; all black, except for a yellow triangle on the nose. There was also an all black #8 Blaupunkt 962 that had a blue circle on the nose. I don't know of any 917 liveries on black, but there was a black #26 SWAP/Hawaiian Tropic 956 with orange trim. I got those using google images, and black Porsche liveries were indeed rare there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just about every official Cayman Interseries car comes in white and the livery's on them are either a wrap/decals or painted. We did have the original interseries car that came in red (#36), and there is one yellow (newman car (962) livery) and one black car (kenwood #333 962 livery) as well, so its rare to have a factory color aside from white. Aside from that the cars original colors are white and the livery's that are put on the cars are decided by the driver and no two livery's will ever be the same or replicated.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much to all who provided info and links!
Jim, We worked together at Watkins Glen with Jack Baldwin during the GT3 trip. I am on the edge of jumping in. I have 3 clients running Caymans and they just seem to be so nice and well balanced. It is down to finding one built right.
Scott
professional driving coach
Speed Secrets

·
Registered
911 Posts
Well, interesting that you mention this now... I received my eMail from PCA today, and they had a 13 year old do some renderings for a 918 RSR racer. Looks like the "#50 Porsche AG" livery might be what you are looking for.

Wow, that's cool!. When I get my 918 I'm gonna get some spray bombs and do it up just like that!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Scott,

Several cars come to mind ...How about the Martini sponsored 936?? I would do it in flat black with the red /white /and blue in almost "electric" type of color. Or the Brumos Copenhagen 962. Even the Interscope 935 would be really cool as well as the Texaco 962. Just a few that I can think of quick.... When are you coming???....You will have a ball!!!

Ron

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ron I wish you had come out to the Glen for the PCA Club Race this past weekend. a number of your clients were there. The TAG, Brumos, Martini to name a few. Plus the H class cars as well as #001 from over the border.
I will be making my decision by the end of next week. I would like to discuss sourcing some body parts.
Ron you and Jack have really done a great job with this...my hats off to you!
Scott
[email protected]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I was able to view a top down photo of the Martini 936 # 6 it looks like you were as usual Ron it is striking. I just need to get some additional photos of the rear, front and sides. If anyone has a location that shows this better than this one, please send it along.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was able to view a top down photo of the Martini 936 # 6 it looks like you were as usual Ron it is striking. I just need to get some additional photos of the rear, front and sides. If anyone has a location that shows this better than this one, please send it along.
That would be a sweet livery on a Cayman!!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
My pleasure...love what you guys are doing...wish I had the dough to participate...looks like great fun:cheers:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Also nice...I am leaning towards the Martini livery however. If anyone has something else I should be seeing please, bring it on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts