Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got into an '09 Cayman S, which came with the 18" Caymans S wheels with tire pressure monitors. I'd really like to put a set of the 19" lobster fork wheels (that were optional until '08), are there any issues I should be aware of? If the 19" lobster forks don't have TPMs will that cause a perpetual warning light on the dash? If we do put TPMs in it, i think the '09 model year has a different part than the "08s, so not even sure that's an option?

Lastly, does anyone have a set of Cayman width lobster fork 19s they're trying to unload? Used is obviously fine as long as in good shape.

Thanks for the help everyone, it's my first Porsche and I'm really excited about it!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
There is a difference between the TMPS sensors, you would need to unmount your stock wheels, take off the sensors and install them on the other rims... then mount your new 19" tires. I am not sure about the warning lights, I do not think there are any.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Scott,

Check out the classified section of this site. There were a couple sets out there a few days back and might still be on there. I had a set of those on my boxster until I bent one on the lovely streets of DC and changed to the Carrera Classics. One thing to consider though, they are a pain to keep clean. They do look fantastic when they are clean but my fingers like the classics much better. Hopefully you can find a set.

Sorry, I'm clueless about the TPMS compatibility.

Chris

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
If you use the TPMS sensors that came with the car on the new wheels you will not have any problems or warning lights.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
So do you want to sell your 18" wheels? If so, how much?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow thanks for the help everyone, sounds like it shouldn't be an issue to swap into the 19s if we use the original TPMS. Thanks for the interest in the 18s too, but I do think I'll hold onto them for the track...maybe some R compound in my future if I'm really lucky. Chilidog I'll drop you a line, new to the forums so I'm still getting a handle on how to connect to people.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.