Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I do not have anything constructive to add.

However, I do want to say that you are much more patient than I am. I would have busted the passenger side window a long, long time ago. A hammer will get you into any car...
I was so impatient through this to be completely honest! I wanted to break the window many times. The only thing that stopped me was the German lettering on the window as I wanted to keep as many German/OEM parts. Well at least the small ones such as the gas cap and the windows. oh and you know. the price!

·
Registered
10 Posts
You are a very patient man. I too might have broken a window by this time. Congratulations. I have my car stored and attached to a trickle charger. When I show up to drive it, no problem. Sorry no link as I am on my phone.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Don't think the 981 has the cable releases; could be wrong but don't remember them. I always left the window slightly open locked in garage with charger on.
If you can do that great, if not then run charger wire thru frunk or side door. No charger possible - drive the car more often.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
He means popping the frunk latch one click when the car is sitting for long periods. It will be latched but only the first click so you will always be able to stick your fingers in and flip the lever to open it

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey!

I saw a video once from JR Garage and they faced the same problem. I’ll post the link to the video, as they show how they popped the frunk.

skip to around 7 minutes, that’s when they begin to work on it.
Hope it helps😎

21 - 28 of 28 Posts