Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:)http://www.planet-9.com/gallery/files/2/8/4/4/9/img_0007_757584.jpg

http://www.planet-9.com/gallery/files/2/8/4/4/9/img_0006.jpg

http://www.planet-9.com/gallery/files/2/8/4/4/9/img_0005.jpg
Lovely car and too soon to post any meaningful impressions. My 50 mile drive initial impressions (a) gear box is a delight, as good as my 13 BS. (b) clutch is much lighter; (c) ride is much better than my non-PASM BS even though the dealer did not set at comfort pressure; (e) visibility obviously is much better; (e) sound is less aggressive but plenty of it to hear even without the SE (enough for me). Remarkably easy car to drive and the two tone graphite and blue is stunning. I wanted a really understated car and the color combination works very well. Most importantly, my wife loves it. Sorry for the poor quality pictures. All I can manage.

Want to add. I couldn't tell it was a turbo. I am in love again.

This was my build:http://www.porsche-code.com/PJPBUBS8
Net price 123, 565.00. Got 6% off MSRP.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Dude, like, totally awesome! :)

Reactions: Anand

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Looks gorgeous. I presume you need a front plate in your state?
Looking forward to getting to hear about you getting to know the car.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks gorgeous. I presume you need a front plate in your state?
Looking forward to getting to hear about you getting to know the car.
Front plate, regrettably yes. Initlal impressions, it is less raw than than my 981 BS and easier to drive. My wife didin't complain about the ride much even though the dealer had set it at 35/45 psi. I plan to switch to comfort settings at 31/39 psi. From our short 50 mile drive, it definitely is a much more comfortable car. I only had one burst of 90 mph for a few seconds to pass a slow car and the power is certainly there. :) Need restraint for the next 2k miles.

Reactions: bklondon

·
Registered
365 Posts
Beautiful car!

We need more pics.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Very jealous! That is the colour that I always wanted. I thought that I was completely taken over by Guard's Red but having doubts now. Congrats!

·
Registered
782 Posts
I never run comfort pressures.
Have fun!
-Richard

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very jealous! That is the colour that I always wanted. I thought that I was completely taken over by Guard's Red but having doubts now. Congrats!
Thank you. GR is great but I was getting too much attention in my Boxster. So I decided to pick a subtle color and minimize and camouflage badging as much as I could.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
Congrats! Looking forward to more impressions once you get some seat time.

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
Wow! I'm sure the blacked out badging will fool the cops :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Wow! I'm sure the blacked out badging will fool the cops :)
What really happens is that people get right up on your rear in an attempt to read what model it is or maybe some, what brand!
Ask me how I know!
Actually I like the clean look and not identifying the vehicle as a C4S, but it seems like every WRX in the world always wants to race!-Richard

BTW
PM me your # and a time to call and I will relate what I know about the technology in your Porsche. AT&T compatible SIM is required and AT&T Data for Real Time Traffic and road info.
My Dealership SA knew I was going to drive year round and delivered the car with Porsche Winter mats installed and a key chain fob, SIM and USB cable. small items but it comes out of his pocket I believe. I will also relate how the Security system built into the 991.2 works and why I subscribe to the parts of the Porsche Connect Plan. It's really all too much to communicate via Forum.-Richard

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What really happens is that people get right up on your rear in an attempt to read what model it is or maybe some, what brand!
Ask me how I know!
Actually I like the clean look and not identifying the vehicle as a C4S, but it seems like every WRX in the world always wants to race!-Richard

BTW
PM me your # and a time to call and I will relate what I know about the technology in your Porsche. AT&T compatible SIM is required and AT&T Data for Real Time Traffic and road info.
My Dealership SA knew I was going to drive year round and delivered the car with Porsche Winter mats installed and a key chain fob, SIM and USB cable. small items but it comes out of his pocket I believe. I will also relate how the Security system built into the 991.2 works and why I subscribe to the parts of the Porsche Connect Plan. It's really all too much to communicate via Forum.-Richard
Thanks Richard. Sent you a PM.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
BTW
Richard, I read the thread on Rennlist where this topic was discussed and your various posts. Have to admit it wa s a little confusing. I found a similar thread on Rennlist on the Macan forum which explains it a little more clearly. https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-macan/912541-new-pcm-nav-system-confusion.html

As someone pointed out, if I already have an iphone and CarPlay, it is a little redundant to pay for an extra subscription (sim card is free and only AT&T not Verizon) and a Porsche connect plus plan to get live traffic updates on Google maps. The iphone with bluetooth can be used as a wifi hotspot for Google searches and traffic updates. I think you mentioned in that thread that it didn't work that well? Anyway, my instinct is to avoid getting another subscription plan when I already have an iPhone. Location services and car tracking with Porsche car connect is also something of dubious value to me. Correct me if I am wrong please. Edit: I just sopke to PCNA and they explained it to me so my understanding is correct. Another subscription.

The sales guy didn't do much to explain anything to me. No updates, tardiness, rushed delivery, no mention of needing a SIM card or a separate subscription for Porsche connect etc. Very poor job. But I think, in his defense, he is old school. He looks on these things as nonsense. He told me as much now that the car is meant for driving pleasure and not to follow twitter posts or for Google searches. That is him.

Reactions: subshooter
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.