Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,757 Posts
Sometimes I come out to see someone in a cool car has parked next to me. I always snap a shot with my phone... thought I'd post a few. I can't be the only one?
Happens all the time. "They" figure you will respect their car and not give a door ding (like in a Mall parking lot). And they will respect yours. It happens on purpose.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Happens all the time. "They" figure you will respect their car and not give a door ding (like in a Mall parking lot). And they will respect yours. It happens on purpose.
My son insists we park near a cool car whenever we see one.

In general, try to park away from the crowds. One of the only times I parked near others (due to the crowdedness of the parking lot), we sustained door damage. :/

·
Registered
37 Posts
I like the picture idea. I might start doing that as well.
After shopping at Target, and parked away from everyone, a new Mustang GT 350 was parked next to my Cayman. Not even a gap, in space right next to me. I didn't mind, I took it as a compliment. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I love this. Not only do I park next to other "enthusiast" cars, but I love when they park next to me. Extra bonus points if it's another Porsche, extra extra bonus if it's the same model.

Two reasons
1- I feel like I'm "in the club" and I like to make others feel like they're part of it too (especially among other Porsche enthusiasts)
2- I expect them to be careful not to door ding me just like I'm careful to them (I'm careful with every vehicle, even a "normal" car parked next to me, but I know not everyone behaves the same way)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts