Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at getting a Cayman for a few months now. Rented one a couple years back and fell in love with it. Still love the 966, but feel I can get more and newer with a Cayman S.

Anyways, I've really in no rush to buy, it is a want item. My budget is ~30k USD.
Now my question, I know right now is probably the worst time to buy, but how much less do you think I could get one if I bought in say October? or November even?

If I could get a car for 30 now think I could get it for 25 or less come winter?
I have no problem buying anywhere in the US and no problem trailering it back here to Edmonton, but rest assured a set of studded winter tires will be waiting. I buy cars for me, no point in saving it for the next guy, although I do love buying from those people.

So basically is it worth the wait? will the 2010's rolling soon drop the value of the current market?

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Just my opinion,but i do not thing that any Cayman even 06's will drop to 25k by nov unless it is wrecked or has 100k plus miles on it.I have not seen any Cayman for 30k in todays market. I believe that you will have to wait a little longer for anything decent in that potentail market range.........

·
Registered
28 Posts
I recently picked up an '07 Cayman with very few options and 30k miles for just under $29k. Best deal I saw in months of looking. The car is under original factory warranty until November of '11. You may be able to find a similar deal if you look for a long time. However, I would be surprised if you found an S with reasonable miles and in reasonable condition for less than $32k. I also don't see prices for an S falling below 28k this year. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just my opinion,but i do not thing that any Cayman even 06's will drop to 25k by nov unless it is wrecked or has 100k plus miles on it.I have not seen any Cayman for 30k in todays market. I believe that you will have to wait a little longer for anything decent in that potentail market range.........
This car has 45k miles. Listed at $32,445. 30 seconds on the phone had him down $28,000.

This one has 20k miles, listed at $33,000 Had him down to 30,000 within moments of talking to him.

I am not sure what you mean that there aren't any for that price, clearly there is. And asking price in this market is a suggestion at best.
I got my TrailBlazer SS for 25,500, it was listed at 32,500. When I went to pick it up a guy that made an offer of 28,500 just a week before was there picking up a different vehicle and he couldn't believe they denied his offer but took mine. My offers come in the form of a bank draft, which helps.

Just wondering how much less people will take if the fear of holding it over the winter is a reality. Ya know?

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
FYI neither of those cars match ones owned by any of our members who have put their cars in their online garage here.

Is it possible some cars will hit 25K by this winter? Sure, will they be ones you want? I don't know. If you wait for this winter for $25k, won't they maybe be $20k next winter? $15K a couple of winters after that? The only problem is that you miss out on the fun and ownership experience in the mean time. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FYI neither of those cars match ones owned by any of our members who have put their cars in their online garage here.

Is it possible some cars will hit 25K by this winter? Sure, will they be ones you want? I don't know. If you wait for this winter for $25k, won't they maybe be $20k next winter? $15K a couple of winters after that? The only problem is that you miss out on the fun and ownership experience in the mean time. :)
I am not sure what you mean by cars in members online garage??
I can't seem to find a for sale section here, seems to just be cars that a bot gets of various sale sites rather then members selling.

This summer will be busy, may-june I am working in the diamond mine up north, no road up there once the ice melts. And 3 weeks of august I am in Europe. So missing this summer isn't really missing a lot. If I can save 5 grand by putting it off then its worth it, but just 2-3k then its not really worth waiting.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I am not sure what you mean by cars in members online garage??
I can't seem to find a for sale section here, seems to just be cars that a bot gets of various sale sites rather then members selling.

This summer will be busy, may-june I am working in the diamond mine up north, no road up there once the ice melts. And 3 weeks of august I am in Europe. So missing this summer isn't really missing a lot. If I can save 5 grand by putting it off then its worth it, but just 2-3k then its not really worth waiting.
Just going by what you say is your schedule, I'd say it makes no sense to buy now. I'd wait it out. Might pocket enough diamonds to buy a new one :hilarious:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, this interior is AWESOME!
porsche cayman s 2006 - Classifieds
Might have to put of buying a sled till next year to free up some extra cash. Or suck up and hit the mine for longer :(

Just going by what you say is your schedule, I'd say it makes no sense to buy now. I'd wait it out. Might pocket enough diamonds to buy a new one :hilarious:
Ya thats kinda what I was figuring. Just wasn't sure if the Cayman was effected much by the time of the year like some other cars, mustang, camaro etc.
I've never actually seen a diamond in the mine. I just make sure the lights stay on, lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts