Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking at my first Porsche - 2008 Boxster S - How do you like your Boxster?

Saw a 2008 Boxster S online with 50,000 miles. White and 6 speed. Looks nice as far as I can see. Before I drive 2 1/2 hours to see it, I was wondering how you like yours. Thanks. RJ

·
Registered
46 Posts
Re: Looking at my first Porsche - 2008 Boxster S - How do you like your Boxster?

I just picked up one myself, similar mileage. So far, it's been a blast. Quick, handles great, and being my first convertible, quite awesome putting the top down.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Looking at my first Porsche - 2008 Boxster S - How do you like your Boxster?

I just picked up one myself, similar mileage. So far, it's been a blast. Quick, handles great, and being my first convertible, quite awesome putting the top down.
Nice car. Love the colors which are the same as my 2011 BMW 128i convertible. Mind if I ask what you paid?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts

I bought my 08 S LE new on NYE '07 (wow - almost 10 yrs ago).

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Convertible

I liked it so much, I bought an 08 CSS.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Supercar

Hans Peter Porsche liked it so much, he stood by it at 2014 Porsche Parade.
They make a colorful garage. Love them both.

Enjoy your new Boxster!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I bought my 08 S LE new on NYE '07 (wow - almost 10 yrs ago).

View attachment 173057

I liked it so much, I bought an 08 CSS.
View attachment 173065

Hans Peter Porsche liked it so much, he stood by it at 2014 Porsche Parade.
They make a colorful garage. Love them both.

Enjoy your new Boxster!
Nice cars!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts

Nice cars!
Thanks. Over the next cpl days, Punkin will be getting a 4-step polish. Got step 1 done (claybar) and hope to get scratch removal done today. Tomorrow, polish and wax. Did the same to the CSS before I drove at Indy in Aug.

These 2 have been some of the most reliable cars I've owned. One is a fair weather car, the other is my winter & DE car, so they live opposite lives but the results are the same.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi Socal

I have had my Boxster 987.2 for 8 years now, it’s the weekend car 53,000 miles on the clock and I love it, just do it you will not be disappointed I promise

Cheers

Big Pete

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Hi Socal

I have had my Boxster 987.2 for 8 years now, it’s the weekend car 53,000 miles on the clock and I love it, just do it you will not be disappointed I promise

Cheers

Big Pete
Glad to hear that Big Pete. Will go as soon as I can to see it. RJ

·
Registered
7 Posts

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Convertible
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Convertible Black
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Convertible Sports car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Center console Steering wheel
Car Vehicle Car seat cover Car seat Auto part

I'm new to the Porsche brand as of May 2017. I purchased a 2012 987.2 from CarMax with Sport Plus, PDK, black on black, heated seats, ventilated seats, 30K miles, one owner for $33,000. It's my daily driver and I've already put 8K miles on it. Loved every second of it. Coming from an 08' Altima the Boxster was a huge leap for me performance wise. We are getting into convertible weather now and I look for reasons to drive it.

Random things I've noticed - this being by first convertible, first Porsche, first 2 seater:

• Road noise is my biggest complaint. I think it’s the tires but impossible to tell until I swap them. I'm on 18's and I'm glad I didn't go for 19's.
• Front driver side TPM sensor battery is going bad which now flags a "TPM Partial Monitoring" warning on every start up.
• Noticing a few rattles here and there. From what I've read this is inherent with a convertible. I live with it, no big deal. Remember I was used to a comfy sedan.
• I can’t sound the car alarm from the key fob. Annoying.
•*There is no sound when you lock the vehicle from the key fob. It's Porsche thing. I find it annoying.
•*I find myself sitting in meetings thinking “I want to drive my car.” Awesome feeling.

This video made me laugh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwXMj6daOhY

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.