Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I'm looking for a good west coast European Delivery dealer.

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
Why would that make a difference? Does your local dealer not like to include Euro Delivery? Or do you want a dealer that still gives great rebates?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why would that make a difference? Does your local dealer not like to include Euro Delivery? Or do you want a dealer that still gives great rebates?
Actually I'm curious as well. I find many dealers simply don't know the Euro Delivery process. I've had this problem not only with Porsche, but also Audi and BMW. At one BMW dealership, even the sales manager didn't know what Euro Delivery was. Having a dealer who does it regularly makes it a much easier, seamless process.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
The OP's question is a good one - at least for the ED noobies like I was. If I was to do it again, the dealer would not make a difference because I now know more than them about the program. :)

When I was in the process of buying my car, I discussed the ED program with 7 dealers as I was negotiating a deal and the level of knowledge of the program between dealers was wide. Let's face it ....for many of us, doing this program can be a little intimidating especially for folks who are not used to globe trotting. My local dealer's SA didn't even know what PSE was - let alone ED. Really. I ended up going with Porsche of the Mainline for the discount and because the whole buying process was just seamless including ED. I asked for a specific pickup date and got it. No deposit and no VAT down payment which was really cool! The smaller dealers may be doing the ED program for the first time (at least for that SA) and wont be able to guide you very well.

I'd go with a large volume dealership for your first ED. They will be able to help you through the whole thing.

Reactions: Mike R.

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
Actually I'm curious as well. I find many dealers simply don't know the Euro Delivery process. I've had this problem not only with Porsche, but also Audi and BMW. At one BMW dealership, even the sales manager didn't know what Euro Delivery was. Having a dealer who does it regularly makes it a much easier, seamless process.
The problem with understanding the Euro Delivery was one reason I wrote my blog here where I collected all the information I could get at the time.

Basically most dealers only know it is an option in the configuration and how it affects them in terms of pricing and allocation. And if they don't know, find another one.

All the rest you best find online or by emailing Jamie (the PCNA Euro Delivery coordinator). I would not recommend the dealers to hand-hold you. Instead look for them to give you a slot that aligns with your travel dates, spec Euro delivery and make sure you are happy with them on the other aspects (price, service, etc.).

I can recommend you my local dealer and another one in our state who both had Euro Delivery customers. But my local one is not one that offers good prices (normally close to MSRP for current models).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts