Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I am looking for an aftermarket exhaust for my 987.1 S

I wasted my time and $$$ with the circuit weeks option and am looking for a better quality exhaust

Please PM me if you have one for sale

thank you

Reactions: toddo

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd like to hear more about your Circuit Werks experience. I have flirted with the idea of rolling the dice on them.

Carnewal would be a better use of $800?
I was one of the unlucky ones who tried the original (version 1) Circuit weeks exhaust.

My exhaust shop (29 yrs of exhaust experience) had to cut and re-weld hangers costing me $$291 just for the instal. The exhaust got worse by the day, first developed an unbearable drone within days of instal and later something in both mufflers got loose inside and they rattled till I finally decided to remove them.

It was hands down the worst decision I made on anything I have ever owned..

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
489 Posts
Isn't Circuit Werks a cheap Chinese-made product? I believe I heard negative feedback of their products before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a FVD cat back that came off of my 07 Cayman S. I had to put the stock unit back on for last years Parade (Spokane) autocross in order to be legal for the stock class. Althought the FVD sounds wonderfull with minimal drone, I've decided to keep the car in stock configuration for autocrossing.

[h=3]Description[/h]Sport Exhaust (Set) TÜV
with 200 cells trimetal-catalytic

+7 KW (10PS)

+10 Nm

The TUV version of the FVD sport mufflers produce phenomonal sound and performance all while keeping within Europe's legal exhaust decible limit. Our end mufflers are less restrictive than the factory system, reduce system back pressure and produce more power. This exhaust is for the more conservative individual who wants all the sound and performance without drawing all the attention.

Reuses factory tips or any aftermarket tip designed to fit OEM exhaust.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for your responses

After much consideration and talking to several sources.. I have decided to go with Soul Performance exhaust

John @ Soul Performance has been a pleasure to work with. Looking forward to receiving my new exhaust

Will post pics and first impressions as soon as I can

Thanks again

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello Boulder Geek, I am about 20 minutes from Tacoma in Olympia. This exhaust came off of my 07 Cayman S. Only reason I took it off was to make the car legal for stock class for last summers autocross at the Porsche Parade in Spokane. I've decided to leave the car in a stock configuration since I am an avid autocrosser.
Let me know if your interested. Delivery would be easy peasy.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a remus cat back exhaust in fairly good condition. minimum drone and sounds amazing. pm me if interested.
I ended up going with a Full Soul exhaust including the long tube headers. Best decision !!!

Wasted too many months and wasted too much money trying to make cheaper alternatives work.

If you want least amount of drone and Ferrari like Wail.. Go with Soul !!!!

720 Posts
I ended up going with a Full Soul exhaust including the long tube headers. Best decision !!!Wasted too many months and wasted too much money trying to make cheaper alternatives work.If you want least amount of drone and Ferrari like Wail.. Go with Soul !!!!
Thank you for the kind words, sir! We are very glad that you like the sound, we are fond of it ourselves :) Please let us know if we can help further. Evan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.