Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am looking for a used aftermarket cat-back exhaust for around $500-$1,000, and I'm having no luck.

Does anyone have one they would part with? Looking for a high pitched or raspy exotic sound for the 2.7L.

Shipped or picked up, I'm in WA.

Best,
Mike

·
Registered
111 Posts
You're not going to find anything in that price range, period. Fabspeed Race Supercup is one of the cheaper ones out there and is $2k new. Used $1300-1500.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hey guys,

I am looking for a used aftermarket cat-back exhaust for around $500-$1,000, and I'm having no luck.

Does anyone have one they would part with? Looking for a high pitched or raspy exotic sound for the 2.7L.

Shipped or picked up, I'm in WA.

Best,
Mike
Please tell whoever sells you such an exhaust for that price that I too am looking for some aftermarket headers preferably some FVD or Cargraphic with sport cats for around $250 - $500. :taunt:

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Please tell whoever sells you such an exhaust for that price that I too am looking for some aftermarket headers preferably some FVD or Cargraphic with sport cats for around $250 - $500. :taunt:
I'm looking for a race exhaust for $150, let me know. All kidding aside, it's going to be very difficult to anything under $1,000. I brought my AWE sports exhaust in the classifieds for $1,500. Good luck OP.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Your best bet will be to take it to an exhaust shop for that price. Good luck finding one with a mandrel pipe bender and the skills to make an exhaust for the 981 though.... If you just want it for the sound and don't care about performance losses/gains any decent shop can crack off an exhaust with magnapaks and the proper bends to make it work, but step up 1/4" in size to make up for the losses of the crush bends most shops will use. The one caveat here is they may see a Porsche rolling up and suddenly raise their prices for you; dont pay over $500 for such a system. I've had complete exhausts made for cars converting from Y to true duals with new mufflers with very complicated bends for around 500, and the Cayman cat-backs are no more complicated than that. The sound you get from a magnapack system with no balancer may be less than desirable however, so make sure they add in that "balancer pipe" porsche uses. Then again.. I'm not a fan of the Borla sound without that balancer either :p

Otherwise if you want to make a little more noise and unleash those muffled cracks and burbles on downshift leading up to a redlight on decel, just do the free mod.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your best bet will be to take it to an exhaust shop for that price. Good luck finding one with a mandrel pipe bender and the skills to make an exhaust for the 981 though.... If you just want it for the sound and don't care about performance losses/gains any decent shop can crack off an exhaust with magnapaks and the proper bends to make it work, but step up 1/4" in size to make up for the losses of the crush bends most shops will use. The one caveat here is they may see a Porsche rolling up and suddenly raise their prices for you; dont pay over $500 for such a system. I've had complete exhausts made for cars converting from Y to true duals with new mufflers with very complicated bends for around 500, and the Cayman cat-backs are no more complicated than that. The sound you get from a magnapack system with no balancer may be less than desirable however, so make sure they add in that "balancer pipe" porsche uses. Then again.. I'm not a fan of the Borla sound without that balancer either :p

Otherwise if you want to make a little more noise and unleash those muffled cracks and burbles on downshift leading up to a redlight on decel, just do the free mod.
Great, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
779 Posts
You could do what we did back in the 1970s -- just drill a couple of holes in the muffler. Keep drilling until you get the sound you want......

Reactions: blacksea

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're not going to find anything in that price range, period. Fabspeed Race Supercup is one of the cheaper ones out there and is $2k new. Used $1300-1500.
Add me to this list as well!
I'm looking for a race exhaust for $150, let me know. All kidding aside, it's going to be very difficult to anything under $1,000. I brought my AWE sports exhaust in the classifieds for $1,500. Good luck OP.
Found a Remus cat-back for $500 shipped. Thanks!

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Found a Remus cat-back for $500 shipped. Thanks!
What, in a dream? Hopefully they didn't just sell you the tips for $500.

These are the only Remus for sale on any Porsche forums right now at $1.2K - $1.3K used for a 987 version, not even a 981 (which cost $2.4K new). Anywhere from luxury4play to PCA to rennlist.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums...man-s-price-includes-shipping-lower-48-a.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-marketplace/993899-fs-remus-exhaust-for-987-2-cayman-boxster.html

If I found a 981 Remus catback for $500, i'd immediately resell it for $1800-$2000.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Nope, I sold him the whole thing. I'm moving and it needed to go.

Reactions: wagzhp
720 Posts
Hey guys! Formal introduction to come soon (I think I may have dealt with some of you before, my name is Evan and some of my old posts are still on this site!) but I just wanted to make everyone aware of Soul Performance Products Valved Exhaust for the 981 and the early adopters deal I am running until the end of the month. Depending on what you are looking for, up to -25% discounts on brand new products are available. Shoot me an email or call at (267) 818-3203 or [email protected]
Auto part Automotive lighting Automotive super charger part
Exhaust system Automotive exhaust Automotive design Auto part Vehicle

Best,

Soul Performance Products
(267) 818-3203
[email protected]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.