Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am looking for a used aftermarket cat-back exhaust for around $500-$1,000, and I'm having no luck.

Does anyone have one they would part with? Looking for a high pitched or raspy exotic sound for the 2.7L.

Shipped or picked up, I'm in WA.

Best,
Mike

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
When I did the 3.8L engnie swap on my car, two years ago, I asked BGB to ship the factory exhaust home to me in Ohio, but the cost was too much and I let them keep it, expecting that they would scrap it. Subsequently, my car developed a fuel problem that melted two sets of converter/headers and the replacement Cargraphics street exhaust. I purchased a full catless race exhaust while I was debugging the fuel issues to prevent more exhaust failures. The original Cargraphic sport exhaust had packing, which contributed to the plugging of the mufflers. The factory mufflers appear to not have packing and I would have used them in the debugging as finding an aftermarket exhaust with no packingin the mufflers was not easy. The fuel system is now fixed (bad O2 sensors) and I will be looking for a quieter exhaust, but that is down the road as I have to obtain medical clearance from my neurosurgeon before I can resume heavy lifiting and work on the car. Hopefully mid-June.

V6

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a Borla exhaust for 981 sitting in the garage. A while back someone in Hong Kong was interested but international shipping was way more than worth it.

On YouTube there's a sound sample with the microphone taped to the rear bumper on a Road America track day. Let me know if you're interested and I will research what UPS shipping from Wisconsin to Washington would cost.

Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Borla exhaust for 981 sitting in the garage. A while back someone in Hong Kong was interested but international shipping was way more than worth it.

On YouTube there's a sound sample with the microphone taped to the rear bumper on a Road America track day. Let me know if you're interested and I will research what UPS shipping from Wisconsin to Washington would cost.

Mike

Hey Mike,

Thanks for replying to my thread! Yes, I am interested. Please let me know what you'd be willing to do, my zipcode is 98004. I'm about to buy a Remus from a fellow member, but I must say I like the Borla sound better based on the clips, so I'll wait for you. My email is [email protected] if you'd like to reach me directly.

Best,
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.