Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/help.gif

I am trying to deciede betwen the Cayman S and the Boxster S . I read the Cayman S owners manual ., and would like to read the owners manual for the BoxsterS . Have been unable to find it on line. The Boxster forums are NOT !!! as good as this form . .

I have done a lot of reaserch and have test drives of both car this Saturday . Would like to know as much about the cars as possible

Thanks Joe Parisi Salem Ma /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/thanks.gif

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

Thanksfor the quick reply .I found the info. I feel the more info you have the better you can make an informed desicion. Nothing takes the place of driving both cars. .

TIA Joe Parisi Salem Ma/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/thanks.gif

·
Registered
59 Posts
I own the 987s because the waiting list was a bit too long for Cayman S in HK. Trust me the owners manual doesn't say too much except what to do with your windshield wiper if it makes noises... all the specs are out anyway. I suggest you to drive both. I drove both and found the Cayman S to be a lot louder. I think PAG purposely tunes it to sound better as it roars more and you can start getting a lot of fun when you get in the 3500-6000 rpm range. In the end, what it really winds down to is if you wanna have a raggtop or a hardtop. Plus the Raggtop is harder to take care of and you will find a lot more wear and tear a few years down the line. My raggtop already shows some creases and wearing after 4 months but it will stand up for 10 years I think but after 4/5 years it wouldn't look as good although it doesn't fade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts