Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and just purchased a new Porsche Cayman a few months ago! Been looking to update the stock exhaust tip to the Sport Tip, either the Chrome or the black gt style. Anyone know anyone selling one of these? I found one on the PCA but I don't have an account yet :( https://www.pca.org/node/322254 Anyone know this member? Thanks all, appreciate it!

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and just purchased a new Porsche Cayman a few months ago! Been looking to update the stock exhaust tip to the Sport Tip, either the Chrome or the black gt style. Anyone know anyone selling one of these? I found one on the PCA but I don't have an account yet :( https://www.pca.org/node/322254 Anyone know this member? Thanks all, appreciate it!
Welcome to the forum, there are many options out the OEM and after market, I went with Fabspeed and love the look, and their design helps enhance the sound somewhat. You mentioned purchasing the car 'new' but as this is the 981 Chat forum I will assume that you have a 981? IF so: Porsche 981 Boxster/Cayman Deluxe Bolt-On Tips - Fabspeed Motorsport

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum, there are many options out the OEM and after market, I went with Fabspeed and love the look, and their design helps enhance the sound somewhat. You mentioned purchasing the car 'new' but as this is the 981 Chat forum I will assume that you have a 981? IF so: Porsche 981 Boxster/Cayman Deluxe Bolt-On Tips - Fabspeed Motorsport
Thanks Westcoaster! Appreciate the response. You are correct, I have a "new to me" 2015 Cayman (981). I've been looking at the OEM, Fabspeed, and a few other options. Right now debating fi the most, torn between the stock s, chrome, or black gt variant of the dual tip. Which Fabspeed finish did you end up going go with?

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
Or you can just paint your tips. Takes 1pc of sandpaper, 1 can of hi-temp paint, sheet of plastic and about 20 minutes for multi coats. You don't even need to take tips off, just rotate them lower, to have better access. I painted mine flat black the day I got the car.

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
They are just black S tips. Never need washing :) :

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Thanks Westcoaster! Appreciate the response. You are correct, I have a "new to me" 2015 Cayman (981). I've been looking at the OEM, Fabspeed, and a few other options. Right now debating fi the most, torn between the stock s, chrome, or black gt variant of the dual tip. Which Fabspeed finish did you end up going go with?
You are welcome, I have a slightly older version of the Fabspeed in black chrome, and they have turned slightly blue and gold with the heat, looks awesome!

I keep them clean and waxed, they have been on for nearly 2 years now and the finish is as good as they day they were installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Just a heads up on the tips. The sport tips are welded in place, which I found really odd. Don't know how you're supposed to attach the replacement ones, but it'd be almost impossible to not leave metal after removing the original ones (if they're also welded. Hopefully not). By the way, my car came with the chrome 'sport' tip option, at a cost of $650, the same as a car without sport tips, which are standard on GTSs (I'd have never ordered them myself, but look nice). Same crap making X73 a 'no-cost' option, when it's $1,250 cheaper than the standard PASM. Oh well. It's probably going to be my only Porsche, and wanted it fully optioned. Unless you plan to upgrade to PSE, I'd get those FabSpeed tips, since you can put the car back to stock, and sell them at resale. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.