Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still a Porsche newbie. Enjoying the heck out of our 2008 CS. Saw a 2011 Boxster Spyder for sale, piqued my interest. I have read many posts about the newer Spyders, but not a 2011 model. Would like to hear comments about performance, problems, and in particular is the 2011 a good investment. The one I intend to look at has 24K miles. Just started to research, so far it looks like it has had two owners. Ask Price is 52,400. VIN WP0CB2A84BS745641
Any input will be much appreciated, especially since we don't need another Porsche nor should we spend the money, but you know how this Porsche disease overcomes us once we catch it!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Still a Porsche newbie. Enjoying the heck out of our 2008 CS. Saw a 2011 Boxster Spyder for sale, piqued my interest. I have read many posts about the newer Spyders, but not a 2011 model. Would like to hear comments about performance, problems, and in particular is the 2011 a good investment. The one I intend to look at has 24K miles. Just started to research, so far it looks like it has had two owners. Ask Price is 52,400. VIN WP0CB2A84BS745641
Any input will be much appreciated, especially since we don't need another Porsche nor should we spend the money, but you know how this Porsche disease overcomes us once we catch it!
I've owned one since last August - I got rid of my 2008 BS for her. And I paid double that price (we pay more for our cars down under). I am keeping it for life.

If I were you, I'd jump on it. It will become a future collectable (with less than 2000 made worldwide). It is the lightest modern Porsche has made as it sheds 80 kg over a normal Boxster and is truer to the Spyder concept than the 981 model that only sheds 40 kg. Since it is based on the Gen 2 987, it no longer has an IMS and the issues associated with it. The PCM 3.0 radio/cd player is a lot better than the PCM 2.0 units of the 987.1.

·
Registered
248 Posts
These are horrible, horrible cars and to be avoided at all costs! 1. Your friends and family will soon be tired of you walking around with that dopy grin on your face after driving it. 2. You will find your tire purchases increasing as you find the "long way" to go where ever you are going. 3. Your children(girlfriends, dogs) are likely to become excessively competitive in their efforts to be the one that gets to go with you on errands. 4. Your purchase will not help in maintaining a steady depreciation curve that has almost intersected my buy price.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You had me going for a second or two! What a great comment, are you a writer? If not you should be! Thank you so much for your humorous essay.
BTW, our dog is not pleased at all with our CS due to your reason #3 to avoid the Spyder, she (the dog) never wins that competition.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2012 boxster spyder. It’s my first P car. Absolutely fantastic. I usually trade out to a new model every 2 years or so. But this time I found a keeper and have no plans of parting with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.