Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am trying to find an affordable alternative to purchasing a rear convertible window regulator from the dealer or online. These parts are around $900. Are there any alternatives out there?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Is that with the motor included? That seems high, I was quoted around $5-600. for the regulator (w/o the motor.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's with the motor. I haven't seen any without the motor. There are some used ones for about $360.00. Have you had this issue as well?

·
Registered
938 Posts
My regulator is going on the passenger side. My mechanic (certified Porsche) said that he can just put in a new regulator if the motor is fine. The motor is working perfect, the regulator cables have stretched which he claims is common in these cars. My window goes up and down ok but when you open the door the window hardly drops (due to the stretched cable.) You can get regulators w/o the motor, they are expensive but the ones with the motor are way expensive. What ever you do go to a certified independent rather than the dealer who will suck your blood dry!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts