Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am just wondering if anyone might be selling there Hip engine cover, might as well check if not im going to buy one anyway please pm me

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
I know it's early but did I miss something? If you're not going to buy, why are you asking if anybody is selling?

Odd.

-Moto

Hello all,

I am just wondering if anyone might be selling there Hip engine cover, might as well check if not im going to buy one anyway please pm me

thanks

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
See, that's the problem with this modern electronic style of writing!

If you punctuate, it reads like this:

I am just wondering if anyone might be selling there (sic) Hip engine cover. Might as well check. If not, I'm going to buy one anyway.

Since that takes an extra 20 seconds, no one does it.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
See if you can punctuate (and capitalize) this to make sense:

that which is is that which is not is not is not that it it is

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I spent more time in my finance classes than than in english haha,
thanks though.

Also, i am still looking+++

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
You're a good sport aiell011, I think you'll fit in well with this group!

About the clear cover, unless there is someone lurking here, I don't think ANYONE in our region has a clear cover. In my 2 years worth of events, the only one I ever saw was on the Farnbacher-Loles red cayman owned by Cayman in CT. I think he sold that car earlier this year.

I spent more time in my finance classes than than in english haha,
thanks though.

Also, i am still looking+++

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're a good sport aiell011, I think you'll fit in well with this group!

About the clear cover, unless there is someone lurking here, I don't think ANYONE in our region has a clear cover. In my 2 years worth of events, the only one I ever saw was on the Farnbacher-Loles red cayman owned by Cayman in CT. I think he sold that car earlier this year.

okay, looks like im buying it tonight, whens will i get the chance to meet up with some of you guys? ...i spend way too much on this car:burnout:

·
Registered
31 Posts
You may want to take a look at the Cars & Crossaints meet next month, looks to have a good local showing so far.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello all,

thanks
Even if you could find one, I'm not sure buying a used HIP cover is such a great idea. Would you buy a used toothbrush to save a buck? You're going to want to spruce up that mill anyway, 'cuz the stock black (mostly plastic) motor is no treat to the eyes. I am very pleased with my HIP cover, and I wouldn't consider changing back to stock now that I can see and hear my engine. HIP does a great job packaging the cover and shipping quickly, so mine arrived pronto in absolute mint condition. Check out my pictures.

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
I am very pleased with my HIP cover, and I wouldn't consider changing back to stock now that I can see and hear my engine. HIP does a great job packaging the cover and shipping quickly, so mine arrived pronto in absolute mint condition. Check out my pictures.
Nice. I like how you painted the intakes Silver with Red lettering rather than Red with White lettering. Now I am kind of torn on which color combinations to use. I have a 2006 Seal Grey and the Red / White combo would stand out but the Silver / Red is just subtlely classy. Aaarrrggghhhh.

·
Registered
213 Posts
If anyone is interested in the Hip cover, see my add in the classifieds for a set of brand new engine intake manifold covers. You can have them painted and ready to go without taking you car out of service for a week or so while they get painted. Save at least $70 from buying from a Porsche dealer.

A MUST if you decide to get a clear cover for your Cayman!

***Brand new in box***Cayman engine intake manifold Left+Right - Classifieds

·
Registered
1,830 Posts

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Wow! You not only solved my riddle, and corrected it, but also cited it's origin, which I never knew. This forum never ceases to amaze.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts