Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me apologize in advance if this is a sore subject or something that is asked a million times. I searched and came up with very little on people who did a plus zero upgrade on tires. If there is a thread, then please point me in that direction. This really needs to be a sticky! lol

I have a 2006 CS with the OEM Carerra II 19" wheels with the PSII's (F 235/35 and R 265/35) and would like to go to something wider in back that has more grip but still keeping my stock wheels.

I would also like something wider up front to go along with a wider rear tire so as not to induce anymore over steer.

I saw that some were talking about using 245/35 for fronts and 275/35 for rears but those are taller than stock correct? I don't want to raise my car and I certainly don't want the sidewalls to be less rigid and make my car handle funny.

Also - The Micheline's are expensive and I would like suggestions on other tires that any of you have found to be comparable in the dry and wet but cost less.

Any advice or help would greatly be appreciated.

:thanks:

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,765 Posts
I'm planning on installing Nitto Invos this time. They have 235/35 and 275/35, I don't know if they are any stickier than PS2s. You can check out the Bridgestone RE-11s but the run about the same cost as PS2s.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm planning on installing Nitto Invos this time. They have 235/35 and 275/35, I don't know if they are any stickier than PS2s. You can check out the Bridgestone RE-11s but the run about the same cost as PS2s.
So you're going to stick with the stock size up front and go with a plus zero in the back?

Yeah, I looked at the RE-11's but they don't make a 275/35-19. As far as pricing goes, the RE-11's were like $300 cheaper in OEM sizes. That's enough to make me switch!

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,765 Posts
So you're going to stick with the stock size up front and go with a plus zero in the back?

Yeah, I looked at the RE-11's but they don't make a 275/35-19. As far as pricing goes, the RE-11's were like $300 cheaper in OEM sizes. That's enough to make me switch!
They don't have 265/35 available.

Here's a link.
Nitto Invo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts