Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking to upgrade the TB/Plenum on my 06 Boxster S. From what I've been reading, I could spend $800 on a new IDP Plenum, $400 on a new 74mm TB, or get a used 997 plenum and TB that were pulled when someone with a 997 upgraded to the gt3 versions. However, I have been looking for that combination for several days and don't see anything advertised on e-bay or anywhere else for that matter. Lots of odd bits and pieces, but nothing that seems to fit my needs.
PM me if you have a 997 plenum and 74mm tb available for sale.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi, I'm looking to upgrade the TB/Plenum on my 06 Boxster S. From what I've been reading, I could spend $800 on a new IDP Plenum, $400 on a new 74mm TB, or get a used 997 plenum and TB that were pulled when someone with a 997 upgraded to the gt3 versions. However, I have been looking for that combination for several days and don't see anything advertised on e-bay or anywhere else for that matter. Lots of odd bits and pieces, but nothing that seems to fit my needs.
PM me if you have a 997 plenum and 74mm tb available for sale.
The bulk of the parts required for this modification can be found in this ad: Panjo Marketplace. The price the person is asking for the parts is low, so if it were me, I would jump on it. The throttle body and plenum from a 2006–2008 Cayman S, 2007-2008 Cayman, and a 2007–2008 Boxster and Boxster S will work, as I recall. I used the said parts off of a 2007 Cayman.

I performed the modification a few years ago, and can honestly say that it is the best bang-for-the-buck performance modification for the 2005 and 2006 Boxster S. Make sure you also look at the article by berty987 found here: 75mm TB and Cayman Plenum upgrade for 987 - Articles. It lists the full set of parts required, plus I added a few comments that may help make the installation of the parts go more smoothly.

Best of luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts