Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I busted my convertible top and have been exploring a non cayman looking hardtop for my Boxster. It’s a 2005 and I am interested in any color. I would hope to pick it up but may be able to ship if I can figure it out. Reach out if you have one or have seen one local to you for sale.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate you reaching out. I am interested and have been looking the last few days. I am trying to see about planning a trip to come buy. I'm in Vegas. I'd rather pick up than ship. About 10 hours from you.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I appreciate you reaching out. I am interested and have been looking the last few days. I am trying to see about planning a trip to come buy. I'm in Vegas. I'd rather pick up than ship. About 10 hours from you.
If you close on this top and take your BS to pick it up, You can set it in place on BS even without the spinlock lock fittings installed. The front fittings latch securely in the stock windshield header fittings, and the locking pins that stick down behind the door openings drop into existing openings where the locks get (if not already there). Then you can run a ratcheting tie down strap over top and around the roll bar hoops (through window openings) and tie it very securely. add some cloth protections for paint where strap rubs and I found it good for pretty extended travel at highway speeds. Front is locked to windshield header just like normal, and pins in slots behind doors keep it secure from side to side movement. Strap just keeps it all tight. Even able to run windows up to reduce noise and buffeting. Good luck grabbing the top.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you close on this top and take your BS to pick it up, You can set it in place on BS even without the spinlock lock fittings installed. The front fittings latch securely in the stock windshield header fittings, and the locking pins that stick down behind the door openings drop into existing openings where the locks get (if not already there). Then you can run a ratcheting tie down strap over top and around the roll bar hoops (through window openings) and tie it very securely. add some cloth protections for paint where strap rubs and I found it good for pretty extended travel at highway speeds. Front is locked to windshield header just like normal, and pins in slots behind doors keep it secure from side to side movement. Strap just keeps it all tight. Even able to run windows up to reduce noise and buffeting. Good luck grabbing the top.
I just installed the attaching hardware on a '10 987v2, pretty easy, I postd my comments on this site but here's a quick parts list

·
Super Moderator
227 Posts
After two tantalizing close calls where both I and the sellers thought the hard tops were for a 987 and were indeed from a 986 -- I'm back on the hunt for a hardtop for a 987. Please give me a shout if you do come across one. Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 Boxster S
3 Posts
After two tantalizing close calls where both I and the sellers thought the hard tops were for a 987 and were indeed from a 986 -- I'm back on the hunt for a hardtop for a 987. Please give me a shout if you do come across one. Thanks!
If you're still looking, I have a black hardtop from a 2008 Boxster S.

·
Administrator
2,025 Posts
Folks - we have a Classified section for a reason. It's mostly to keep WTB/FS/WTT threads out of the technical forums. I'm closing this thread and suggest anyone looking for the hard-top place an ad in Classifieds, Parts, Tools, and Accessories - no cost to do it, and it gets much better Google attention than a random posting in an existing thread like this.

Thanks for your cooperation!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.