Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought plenty of new cars for other people over the years, but up until now, I've never bought myself one.

The deal I got, was 5% off MSRP, ordering this car:

The Porsche Code 

Reactions: subshooter

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
Congrats, you should have a blast!

Reactions: X73

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Great choices. For my tastes, I would add PTV, PASM, Convenience pkg, and I like the Infotainment. But I have to also say that on my 2000 Boxster S, I ordered only the M030 sport suspension, windstop, colored wheel crests, and 2 way sport seats with Red deviating stitching, and loved the hell out of that car until Hurricane Katrina destroyed it.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Very interesting minimalist build. She's gonna be a blast.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I like the build you got the things that count. The same as the 981CS i just sold(+PTV), loved it. My GT4 that is hitting port next week is also a stripper. Two paid options climate and sirus . One thing i did notice is they charge 3k for the C 20 wheels on the base boxster but the charge 1.5k for the same wheels on the S. carl

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I like the build you got the things that count. The same as the 981CS i just sold(+PTV), loved it. My GT4 that is hitting port next week is also a stripper. Two paid options climate and sirus . One thing i did notice is they charge 3k for the C 20 wheels on the base boxster but the charge 1.5k for the same wheels on the S. carl
I would like to have done PTV, but it just wasn't in the budget. The 20" wheels are $3K on the base model and $1.5K on the S, because you'd be upgrading from 18" wheels on the base model, while on the S you'd be upgrading from the same 19" wheels that are a $1.5K option on the base model.

A GT4 stripper looks like a good value too. GT3 brakes and front suspension, oversized Michelin Sport Cup 2 tires, 3.8 engine, and less than $85K.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
948 Posts
Awesome! You will love it. The basic Boxster 981 has got to be the best value ever. That is a lot of car for not a lot of bucks, relatively speaking. Congrats!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Awesome build! Very similar to my Cayman (see signature). I stayed with the 18" wheels and got Bose. A few things I may add next time are convenience package, PTV, and auto fold mirrors. The PTV would make a difference in the colder and wetter months up here.

Enjoy your new car!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome! You will love it. The basic Boxster 981 has got to be the best value ever. That is a lot of car for not a lot of bucks, relatively speaking. Congrats!
Yeah, a base Boxster stripper looks like a good value- what other car is actually cheaper to buy with a power convertible top than without?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hope I like the Sport Seats Plus. The one we road-tested had the regular seats.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Red seatbelts at ~ $350 might be a nice touch.
Yes. And the fire extinguisher, the Sport Design steering wheel, and covering all that bright metal in the interior with something less reflective- but we had to draw a line somewhere.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
$58,245 plus $995 destination charge = $59,240, less 5% ($2962) is the agreed-upon price of $56,278.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I would like to have done PTV, but it just wasn't in the budget. The 20" wheels are $3K on the base model and $1.5K on the S, because you'd be upgrading from 18" wheels on the base model, while on the S you'd be upgrading from the same 19" wheels that are a $1.5K option on the base model.

A GT4 stripper looks like a good value too. GT3 brakes and front suspension, oversized Michelin Sport Cup 2 tires, 3.8 engine, and less than $85K.
My GT4 MSRP is less than a loaded S or a mid optioned GTS. the difference is im paying MSRP compared to a -8.5% discount on my other 2 981CS's,.

What Ive learned on cars, at least for me is . If it doesnt make it turn better, stop shorter,or accelerate quicker im not going to pay extra for it.
You can put 20k of fluff on these cars in a heartbeat and get almost nothing extra on resale. Ask me how i know,Im the king of buying high and selling low. carl

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My GT4 MSRP is less than a loaded S or a mid optioned GTS. the difference is im paying MSRP compared to a -8.5% discount on my other 2 981CS's,.

What Ive learned on cars, at least for me is . If it doesnt make it turn better, stop shorter,or accelerate quicker im not going to pay extra for it.
You can put 20k of fluff on these cars in a heartbeat and get almost nothing extra on resale. Ask me how i know,Im the king of buying high and selling low. carl
Yup. I totally understand.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Very nice. Congrats.
I love red and black. Have the same in a 2013 BS and just got my 19 inch wheels powder coated black.
Down the road if you want to spend some money, I recommend the tinted taillights. I just had them installed in my car. It breaks up the sea of red with the standard red tail lights and looks nice. Also, the black Porsche insignia is a nice touch. I don't have model designation either.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts