Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. This is a 2011 Cayenne Turbo with under 100k miles.
The multifunction display and radio are losing settings. It starts and runs fine. Engine temps revert to Centigrade, boost pressure goes to bar, the speedo starts reading kilometers, yet oddly, tire pressures stay in psi. All radio presets are lost. It has done this once before, but now it seems to happen every time I drive it. There is no engine stumble when it happens, and yes, the battery is good.
I dread that it's some corroded connector somewhere, but I'm thinking that's likely the problem.
Thoughts?

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I discovered the solution accidentally today: don't move your seat!
Who knew the radio and multifunction display settings were saved by seat memory?
I thought I had read the manual, but it must have been in the fine print!

· Administrator
2,222 Posts
It's possible you haven't memorized your new current settings to one of your keys. That is in the manual.. briefly - all the above, and mirror positions, HVAC are memorized to each key that's used. If you stop and exit the car, and lock it using the button on the door handle - none of your revised settings are saved. If you (1) Memorize the settings to one of the memory settings on the door - 1 or 2, corresponding to the key you're using, and then you exit the car and lock the car USING THE BUTTON ON THE KEY - those memory settings are now remembered every time you unlock the car with that key. You can check which key you're using somewhere in the vehicle menu I believe, but experimentation seems to work also.. so have at it. I'd suggest spending some more quality time with your manual on the section on Key Memory.

· Registered
2016 Cayenne 3L V6 Diesel
4 Posts
On my 911 just pressing the key marked button saved your settings to the key you were using. Buttons 1 and 2 were separate memories for mechanic etc. Is this changed on the Cayenne? Don't have a book to hand to check. Apologies if I'm wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts