Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
For reference; I lost all seat memory yesterday on my 2013 Boxster S with14-way Sport Seats & memory package. I was installing a set of new floor mats and, to do that, I moved the driver's seat fully to the rear of the track. This was done with the key in ACC but with the engine off. After installing the mats I tried to return the seat to the memorized position but neither the key or the #1 button would move the seat. I had also lost the "comfort" mode that moves the seat back to allow easier entrance/exit of the car. The light on the memory "set" button would not light. I went deep down the "settings" rabbit hole and did everything that the manual and on-line demos instructed. No love. Finally, I read about one other option; With the engine running, I ran the seat fully forward to the front stop and then fully rearward to the back stop (bringing the seat back more upright to avoid it hitting the rear bulkhead first) and then returned to mid-point. That fixed it! All functions are now working properly. My understanding is that 1) have the engine running and 2) avoid taking the seat to the very end of the track will keep this from happening. I also discovered that the key memory will not save unless one locks and then unlocks the car from the key remote.
BS. Great advise. I did the seat back and forth trick and it worked like a charm. Note: If you are on the tall side be prepared. The seat moves really far to the front position I had to do some quick contortions to keep from getting smushed! This is a great forum. Thanks to all who contribute!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts