Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver's side door handle on my '06 Cayman broke so I pulled the door panel and replaced it. When I put it back together, I found I lost all power to both doors. Mirrors, windows, power locks, nothings works. I got PSM error and system fault error couple of times but that went away after I restarted the car. Fuses look fine, so I'm stumped. I've done searches but I don't see anyone with the same issue. Thanks.

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,822 Posts
The most likely cause is an incompletely engaged electrical connector inside your recently serviced door.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked and don't see loose connections.

I got a Durametric, and here are the fault codes:
C122 communication driver's door control unit
C123 communication passenger door control unit

Also getting
9101 power supply on instrument cluster
C140 communication instrument cluster (display) on electric system and front body module
C144 communication CDR and C102 CAN single wire operation, 8001 over/undervoltage ad 8007 Gateway incorrect coding on Gateway
8025 parking light, 8042 front luggage compartment on Front body module

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,822 Posts
IIRC there are three electrical connectors inside the driver's door: to provide power to the window motor, door locks, speakers, and side mirrors. I'd triple check all of them. IMO it's not a coincidence that the failures occured immediately after you disturbed these connections.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts