Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Comparing Lotus to Porsche outside of track use is a complete joke. I was at the Washington Auto Show this week and tried getting into the Exige, Elise (with the top on) and the Evora. I'm 6 feet tall and slim to medium build. The salesman had to give me a quick lesson on how to get into the Evora and told me not to waste my time trying to get into the Exige or Elise. I actually tried to get into both and you need to have a yoga lesson before trying to get into either one.

Back to the Evora, the salesman showed me the "trunk." He claimed it would fit a golf bag, but not any golf bag I've ever owned. This car had the back seats (if you want to call them that), but a bench would be more functional for most people unless you like torturing your passengers.

The interior of the Evora lacked the functionality and fit and finish of a Cayman (or any other Porsche for that matter), but at least it was not prehistoric like the Elise or Exige.

The Exige is strictly a track toy. The Elise could be weekend toy provided the day is sunny so you don't have to have the top on AND you don't plan on buying anything. The Evora begins head in the direction of being a DD, but needs at least one more iteration to get there (maybe, we are, after all, talking about Lotus).

For most people, the Lotus is not even remotely comparable to any Porsche.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Back to the Evora, the salesman showed me the "trunk." He claimed it would fit a golf bag, but not any golf bag I've ever owned. This car had the back seats (if you want to call them that), but a bench would be more functional for most people unless you like torturing your passengers.
Hilarious, they must be trained to say it. I test drove an Evora the other day and the salesman told me the same thing...I thought, "the bag might fit, but not with clubs in it."

41 - 42 of 42 Posts