Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a set of H&R springs on the 2014 981 Cayman S

Upon getting the alignment done they dialed in the toe of the front and rear but the right or passenger rear is not able to be dialed in within tolerances. All of the other corners are fine.

anyone else run into this? If show did you address this?

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Using different parameters altogether.

I'm running these on my X73

Front
Toe : 0
Camber: -1.7

Rear
Total Toe : 0.16'
Camber : -2

·
Registered
747 Posts
I installed a set of H&R springs on the 2014 981 Cayman S

Upon getting the alignment done they dialed in the toe of the front and rear but the right or passenger rear is not able to be dialed in within tolerances. All of the other corners are fine.

anyone else run into this? If show did you address this?
They cant set the RR toe?carl

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
cause he used H&R springs.. it wont let him..

dont get me wrong.. i sell H&R springs.. and have seen the customers run into this all the time..

at this point. is that is the best they can do?... are we talking camber or toe in? if you lowered.. you will be in the -2.25 to 2.5 range in the camber... you should be able to get .16 toe in the back..

Lemon

Lemon

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, toe is .15 driver side rear and .2 right passenger side rear which is out of the sweet spot if you will.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
dig out the back.. reloosen the bolts on the struts on the top and tighten.. then redoo the alignment... .. btw.. it should .16 total toe in.. its suppose to be .08 per side.

hows the thrust angle?

lemon

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here's my readout. So, you're saying loosen the strut bolts on the top of the right rear. Re tighten them then redo the alignment correct?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Here's my readout. So, you're saying loosen the strut bolts on the top of the right rear. Re tighten them then redo the alignment correct?
yes...

your thrust angle is way off.. wow your passenger rear is really messed up..

who did the work.?

please look at my blog ...
Schnell Autosports Home OEM, Genuine & Aftermarket Parts | Performance + Racing | Accessories .. see the pasm install .. i think april..just look .. see if something is not right on yours..

lemon

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
the magic numbers and carl 44 will agree on this

but you need front LCA

neg 2.5 fronts 0 toe in

neg 2.25 in the rears. and .16 total toe in..

the rears must must be less than the front to promote rear end rotation..

Lemon

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The thrust was fine and the passenger side was fine then it shifted after I replaced the wheels. Everything else is fine but we will reset the strut tower bolts and realign. Before the shift the total toe was 1.5 so it's obvioulsy out because that right rear shifted.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It will Monday morning, I'm entirely too busy with other vehicles until then. I have two McLarens that have to be out today so they're being addressed then the PCar.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I know some mount the front strut bolts inwards of the slots for more neg camber. But for those with gt3 lca's and shims, is it better, for a wider track to mount the strut bolts outwards of the slots for the same desired camber? Not sure if rear spacers are needed to match the fronts' widened track and retain the same thrust angles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts