Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, long time lurker first time poster. I have a non-s 06 boxster. I recently put 19's on it that are slightly...uh...wide. I love the look of the wheels. I am happy with the front height, but was wondering if I could drop the rear an inch using springs. Is that something do able? Because of the width I am affraid of some pretty good tire rub if I drop the front also. I will try to get some pics and post.

Thanks everyone - I love all the info on this site!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was thinking also, but was not sure. I have read that lowering your car can create a negative camber, which in my situation may not be a bad thing. Not really sure how to measure that though.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
As other have stated you need to lower both the front and back not just the back or front. If you just lowered the back you would screw the geometry, I think it is called rake.

·
PCA / POC Member & Club Donor
1,932 Posts
Lowering the car creates a number of problems. The car will roll more, not less on the same springs. Dynamic camber can go from more negative to neutral to positive very quickly under compression causing the car abruptly loose traction.

Lowering the car only in the rear creates additional problems. Front caster will increase and reduce turn in response. Rear roll couple will increase causing and imbalance between the front and rear roll axis.

If you are going to lower the car, lower both ends and really not more than about 0.8 to 1.0 inch and maintain stock rear to front rake. And be prepared for more roll unless you increase the spring rate or ARB stiffness (which causes its own problems).

Cheers,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts