Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much should I expect to pay for installation for lowering springs on 987 Boxster S with out PASM? Any DIY instructions?

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
How much should I expect to pay for installation for lowering springs on 987 Boxster S with out PASM? Any DIY instructions?
You might get an idea of whether you'd like to tackle it yourself from the following article: Lowering Spring Install - Articles

Don't know how many hours of labor it would take on a Boxster (you don't have to deal with all the interior trim removal that takes a lot of time on the Cayman).

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Remember, you not only need to get the springs installed, but you should also have an alignment performed.

I paid $600 for installation of Eibach springs and a full alignment for my 09 CS, which I'm told is an excellent price.

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
Xrx

Ita a real tedious and technical DIY and like interpol said you need a professional allignment before driving so IMO its best to seek out a good shop to do this . I had H&Rs installed a couple years back and have had NO issues . I am really happy with the results all around .
I have seen the cost of this mod anywhere from what interplo posted $600.00all the way to $1,500 I paid $725.00 including the allignment and springs ,Interpol got a smoking deal if that includes allignment .I think $700.00 to 800.00 including springs and allignment is a great price if you can find it :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
pm me, i know a guy in richmond that can do it for a fair price, mcl or weissach would charge over $1K i think...

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Re: Xrx

Ita a real tedious and technical DIY and like interpol said you need a professional allignment before driving so IMO its best to seek out a good shop to do this . I had H&Rs installed a couple years back and have had NO issues . I am really happy with the results all around .
I have seen the cost of this mod anywhere from what interplo posted $600.00all the way to $1,500 I paid $725.00 including the allignment and springs ,Interpol got a smoking deal if that includes allignment .I think $700.00 to 800.00 including springs and allignment is a great price if you can find it :)
Yes, just to clarify, the $600 I paid was just for the service. I bought the springs separately on eBay for around $210.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all feedback, I understand it will need alignment after the springs installed as I have another Porsche with full coilover suspension. A shop told me installation for Boxster will cost more than a 997 since there are more things need to remove to access rear stock. Don't know if that true?

·
Registered
303 Posts
pms sent

nice to see more locals on here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts