Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to order a Cayman in the near future, I would be grateful if someone could help with my questions about configuration:

1 LSD - the order guide stipulates PDK as a prerequisite. Does it mean:

a LSD is not available to 6-sp manual transmission?
b 18" wheel is not a prerequsite? The US website apparently requires ordering 18" wheel if LSD is ordered. I would prefer to keep 17" wheels, can I order LSD without 18" wheels?

2 Sport Exhaust
Is it just louder, or is there any actual efficiency/power gain?

3 17" wheel - there are 2 choices, the Boxster 2 and the standard Cayman 2. Which one weighs less?

4 18" wheel - Boxster S 2 and Cayman S 2. If I must order 18" wheels in order to get LSD, which 18" inch wheel is lighter?

Thanks much.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I was not able to order LSD for my '09 2.9. I kept the 17" wheels because I have long daily commutes from LI to Manhattan and must say, now that we are 1/2 way through the winter, I haven't missed LSD at all. We'll see what happens on the way home today.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I'm not sure if you have to order PDK to get LSD on the base Cayman, I did. I know for a fact that to get LSD on the base car you MUST order the 18" wheel option. I find the 18" wheels very comfortable for normal driving it is when you go to 19" and the super low profile tires that the ride becomes much firmer. My opinion is that LSD is a very worthwhile option and while the Porsche one is not a true locker like the Guard unit it's still a great option on the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts